When it comes to streaming your popular television shows and movies, but you don’t want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a cable box, then the Amazon Fire Stick is a really great mid-budget alternative.
You’re able to link your account to the Amazon Fire Stick and have access to the library of media you own. However, there is a number of individuals out there that would prefer to use the technology itself–the capabilities it has–and use it as a streaming device for their own, without registering an Amazon account. Can it be done? You’ll find out here.
Do You Need an Amazon Account to Use a Firestick?
No, you can set up an Amazon Firestick without an Amazon account. You just need an Amazon account, this can be a throwaway account then from there you can use Kodi to stream your favorite shows. it doesn’t need to have a subscription.
Amazon Fire Stick Registration Bypass (4 Methods)
There are currently 4 known methods to bypass the registration process on your Fire TV Stick
1. Buy the Amazon Stick Elsewhere
When you buy an Amazon Fire Stick directly from Amazon, unfortunately, it comes at the cost of the Amazon Fire Stick already associated with your account; Amazon knows you have one know now.
For those in the business of keeping your personal information, well, personal – seek out an Amazon Fire Stick from another source. You find plenty of people looking to sell their Amazon Fire Stick on sites like eBay, Craigslist and other legitimate e-trading websites, even Facebook’s marketplace might have a few floating around.
2. De-Register Your Account After Making It
1. Plug the power cable into your Amazon Fire Stick device and the power cable into a nearby outlet. Make sure you have plenty of room for your Amazon Fire Stick to reach your television.
2. Take the Amazon Fire Stick and insert it into an available HDMI port located on your television. Remember the number of the HDMI slot; it’s important for the next step.
3. Now, change your television’s source to an HDMI source, the source that matches the slot you plugged the Amazon Fire Stick into.
4. Place batteries into your Amazon Remote. When the remote is turned on, it will automatically pair to your Amazon Fire Stick. Press the Home button for 10 seconds if you happen to run into any pairing issues.
5. Press the Home button on your remote, again, after the pairing has been successful.
6. On the home screen, move to Settings with the use of the directional pad. Select Settings > and then Network.
7. When prompted, choose your network connection and punch in the password. When done correctly, your Amazon Fire Stick will now be connected to your network connection.
8. Press the Home button again and then Settings, again. Afterwards, choose My Account.
9. In My Account, choose Register. Punch in your account information. It will automatically start the process of registering the Amazon Fire Stick to your account.
10. With your account registered, you can now move to install something like Kodi, an app that can management your own content through the Amazon Fire Stick, completely free of Amazon’s grasping fingers. Go back to the main menu and select Settings again.
11. In Settings, you want to highlight Device and select it. Afterwards, choose Developer Options from your Device menu.
12. Since Kodi is a third-party app, it can’t be downloaded unless you allow the installation of apps from unknown sources. Highlight Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON.
13. With Unknown Sources active, you can head over to the Amazon Appstore and install the Downloader app. With it, you can link Kodi’s own website to the Downloader app.
14. When presented with a choice to choose which operating system to download Kodi for, choose Android. The Amazon Fire Stick is Android-based. Afterwards, Install.
15. Now that Kodi is installed, you can de-register your account. Head back to the main menu. One last time, choose Settings.
16. In Settings, choose My Account and then choose Amazon Account.
17. Finally, de-register your Amazon account from your Amazon Fire Stick device.
3. Use a Throwaway Account
For the average user, this method may seem like a hassle. You have to understand, some individuals just don’t want their data collected all the time like many companies and internet service providers do.
1. First, buy yourself a prepaid Visa credit card. Some Visa gift cards have been known to work, but some do not, specifically ones with a CVV code. Stick to Visa credit cards to avoid that issue.
2. Register an Amazon account, a throwaway account.
3. Link your prepaid Visa credit card to your throwaway account as the account’s payment method.
4. Follow Steps 1 through 9 under the section “Method 1: Registering Your Account.”
The other problem is this method ends up costing you a little more, specifically the extra fee of buying a prepaid Visa credit card. With that being said, you are free to do anything you want to with the Amazon Fire Stick. If you would like to install a media app like, say, Kodi, follow the section above for details.
Since you need to use Kodi or another content management app when using an unregistered Amazon account, you’ll need to know how to install Kodi. Kodi is a popular open-source media player.
Kodi works as a media center and home-theater PC client and allows you you to stream and watch content from any time, anywhere.
4. Using AppStarter (Involves Rooting)
Step 1. Jailbreak Fire Stick
You can Jailbreak Firestick when you do not have an amazon account and would like to use the Firestick. Many people do not know this is an easy and acceptable method, but it is. Below, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to go about this process.
1. The first step is to turn on your TV, connect it with the Fire Stick and wait for it to open and display the Home Screen.
2. Use your navigation key, hover, and open the main menu. This is where you find your home apps and other options.
3. Now navigate and click settings. You can also long-press your home button, and within a few seconds, it will select the settings.
4. On the settings menu, navigate the list and open “My FireTV.”
5. On the “My FireTV” dropdown list, scroll down to “Developer Options” and select it.
6. Once you have selected and opened the Developer Options, look for “Apps from Unknown Sources,” select the toggle, and turn it on.
7. You will get a warning message on the screen. Ignore the message and proceed to click the button – “Turn On.”
8. Now go back to your settings, look for the “Preferences” option, and open it.
9. You will get a dropdown list. Scroll through the list to the “Privacy Settings” and click to open.
10. You will get another dropdown menu for “Privacy Settings.” Scroll to the “Collect App Usage Data.” And click on it.
11. A message prompt will be displayed on the screen and two options. First, click on ‘Turn Off.’
12. You will then get the privacy settings menu yet again. For this step, go ahead and click ‘Device Usage Data.’
13. You will again get a prompt message with three options to click from for this step. Now click the ‘Turn Off’ button on the screen.
14. You should now return to the preferences menu. Scroll through it and click ‘Data Monitoring.’
15. Proceed with the process and click ‘Data Monitoring.’
With this last step complete, you will have successfully jailbroken the Firestick. Now you have all the power to install 3rd party applications on the device and get to enjoy things you were unable to access previously.
Step 2. How to Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
For you to be able to successfully use amazon fire stick without an account, we have discussed how you can jailbreak Firestick.
However, when it comes to installing new and 3rd party apps, there is security for this. The system is designed to detect and block any applications from unknown sources for safety. Here are the steps you can follow to enable installation.
1. Start by closing any apps running in the background. This will help prevent any interference with the process.
2. Now make sure that you are on Home Screen.
3. Navigate to the Settings option on the Home Screen, click and open it.
4. You will get several options on the settings screen, click and open ‘My FireTV.’ If you have an older device, you may find ‘Devices.’
5. Scroll through My FireTV menu, then click and open ‘Developer Options.
6. On the next dropdown menu list, scroll to ‘Apps from Unknown Sources. Then, press the center button of your remote to turn it on.
7. A pop-up message will appear on the screen talking about apps from unknown sources. Ignore the warning and click the ‘Turn On’ button.
The process is complete, and just like that, your device will accept the installation of the app from unknown sources. Note that this action can be dangerous if you are not keen on the type of applications you install. This is because you can easily install harmful applications.
Step 3. How to Download and Install AppStarter
For you to be able to use amazon fire stick without an account, this is a crucial step. First, you must have the App starter installed. These steps will clearly outline how to do it.
1. Start by opening the home screen of your TV.
2. Now, navigate to the top left corner of the screen with a search icon and click on it. The icon is a magnifying glass.
3. You will be provided with an on-screen keyboard. Type the term ‘Downloader,’ then click select.
4. Next, you will get a screen with several apps, all of them relating to the searched term ‘Downloader.’ Identify an open with an orange background and select it.
5. Click the ‘Download’ button with the terms ‘You own it’ next to it and wait for the app to download.
6. Once the download is complete, you will see an ‘Open’ button on the same screen. Click it.
7. Before the app can launch, you will be asked to confirm access to media, files, and photos. Click the Allow button.
8. You will get a dialogue box titled ‘Quick Tour Guide.’ Click ignore it. Then ok and dismiss the notification.
9. The downloader home screen will be displayed. You will also get a blank box. Hover over the blank box, and press the ‘Select’ button to get the onscreen keyboard.
10. Go to firesticklab.com/appstarter.apk. The link will load, and an app will automatically start downloading.
11. Upon finishing the download, you will get an option on the screen, click ‘Install.’
12. Once the App Starter installation is complete, click ‘Done.’
13. The screen will display the Downloader app menu with a notification on the App Starter status, click the ‘Delete’ button. Then, upon asking for confirmation, click the ‘Delete’ button once more.
With this last step, you have done the major part. The AppStarter will have been installed on the device, and all you have to do is launch it and use it to deregister FireTV.
4. Ask A Friend If You Can Use Their Amazon Account
If you want to use amazon fire stick and you do not have an amazon account, you do not have to necessarily go through the process outlined above. Instead, there is an option of using your friend’s account. Although many people do not think about it, it is an easy and quick method to use.
All you have to do is to identify a friend with the amazon account and ask them to allow you to use it.
For this case, all you have to do is to ask your friend to provide you with their login details and use them on your TV. That way, you will be able to use the fire stick.
How To Download Kodi On FireStick
If you know about Kodi, then you know how much more experience it will provide to your amazon usage. It is an amazon fire stick app that is providing amazon users with a new world of entertainment content, and it is worth getting it on FireStick. By installing Kodi, you will access a large pool of streaming avenues.
For this reason, here are the steps to follow.
1. Install the downloader app. The steps on how to download and install the download app are discussed above. Go to the section on how to download and install app starter, and you will find those steps.
2. Now that you have the downloader app, you should prepare the Firestick and get it ready for installation of Kodi.
3. Navigate and open ‘Settings’ from your TV home screen.
4. Scroll down, select and open ‘My Fire TV.’
5. You will get a dropdown menu for My Fire TV. Scroll and click ‘Developer Options.
6. On developer options, look for ‘ADB debugging. Turn it on by clicking.
7. Below find the ‘Install Unknown Apps’ option and click it.
8. You will get a list of apps. Go to the ‘Downloader’ and turn it ON.
9. Go back to the settings, and click Preferences.
10. Go to ‘Privacy Settings.’
11. Identify ‘Collect App Usage Data’ and Device Usage Data, and turn them off.
With this process done, the Fire TV is ready for the installation of Kodi.
1. Visit and open the Downloader App.
2. Click on the URL blank box and hit the select button on the remote to get an onscreen keyboard.
3. Go to firesticktricks.com/kapk
4. The download process will automatically begin. Wait for a few seconds, depending on your internet speed.
5. Once down, click on Install.
6. Wait until the installation is complete.
7. Once the installation is complete, you will get an option to open. Click it.
8. If you do not want to open it immediately, you can ignore the open step and click done.
With the final step done, you will have Kodi installed on your Firestick. Now, you have to open it and enjoy amazing streaming options.
Since the Amazon Fire Stick is Android-based, you should focus on finding apps that are Android-based as well. Kodi isn’t the only media player app that can be installed.
However, as a fair warning, illegally streaming is piracy. Consider the risks of any and all third-party app, even Kodi. Speaking of Kodi, it doesn’t offer any media to stream. Kodi is only a platform that can play your own media. It does not illegally stream content from any databases because it doesn’t have one.