Knowing how to zoom out and in with Google Chrome can save the strain it puts on your eyes. There’s dozens of pages out there with font that’s too big to read comfortably and vice versa. Luckily, Google Chrome has shortcuts to zoom out and zoom in, as well as setting default page sizes and font sizes.
How to Zoom Out In Google Chrome
1. There are several ways to zoom out on a page:
- Hold the Ctrl key and move your mouse wheel back, but, again, very carefully. Every tick of the mouse wheels zooms the page out a little further. For Apple Mac laptops, hold the Command key and pinch your fingers together on the touchpad.
- Hold the Ctrl key and press the – key on the numberpad. Without one, press the key that houses the ‘-’ and ‘_’ symbols on the numberline. For Apple Mac users, do the same but press Command instead.
- Click More, the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the browser. Head down to Zoom and click the Subtraction symbol to zoom out.
How to Zoom In with Google Chrome
With Google Chrome, you have the ability to zoom in on any page you’re viewing. In fact, there’s a few ways of zooming with Google Chrome on both Windows PC and Apple Mac. Here’s what you do:
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. Head over to a webpage you’d like to zoom in on.
3. There are several ways to zoom in on a page:
- Hold the Ctrl key while moving your mouse wheel forward very carefully. Every tick of the mouse wheel zooms in on the page a little more. If you’re using an Apple Mac laptop, press Command and, with two fingers, spread them apart.
- Hold the Ctrl key tap the + key on your numberpad. If you don’t have a numberpad, you can get the same results by holding the Ctrl key and tapping the = key on the numberline. It houses the ‘=’ sign and the ‘+’ key. Normally, when typing, you would need to hold the Shift key to use the Addition symbol, but not in this case. If you’re using Apple Mac, press Command and +.
- Click More. It’s the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the browser. In the menu, towards the middle, you’ll see Zoom. Click the Additional symbol to zoom in.
4. If you want your web browser to fill more of your screen, tap F11. If you’re using a Mac, press Command + Ctrl + F.
Changing Page Size and Font Size
Constantly zooming in or out on every webpage you visit can be rather inconvenient. Instead, change the default Page zoom and Font size in Google Chrome’s settings so that you never have to do it again.
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. Click More. It’s at the top right corner of the browser.
3. In the menu, click Settings. It’s towards the bottom. It will redirect you.
4. In Settings, move down to the Appearance section.
5. Underneath, click the drop down menu next to Font size. Choose a font size.
6. Below Font size, open the drop down menu next to Page zoom. Choose a percentage; the higher the percentage, the more it zooms in, but lower percentages zoom the page out.