If you find that you’re struggling to add videos to my eyes only, chances are your video is too long. To put the video in my eyes only, you need to move it trim it.
Why Can’t I Put a Video in My Eyes Only?
1. The Video is Too Long
To move a video to my eyes only, you need to ensure it is less than 60 seconds long. If your video is too long, you will not be able to move it to my eyes only.
We all know the impact bugs have on our favorite apps; they either stop working or don’t function the way they are supposed to. If your video is the recommended length and you still fail to put videos in my eyes only, then you should consider that there is a bug. The beauty of Snapchat is that you can report a bug instantaneously, and Snapchat will work on it.
3. No Internet Connection
Unfortunately, the most valuable functions on Snapchat are only accessible when the device is connected to the internet. When you lose connection to your WiFi network, the Snapchat app becomes ineffective.
While you can still take video using Snapchat, you will not be able to put them in the my eyes-only folder. If you have trouble hiding snaps in my eyes only check your internet connection as that could be the problem.
4. You Haven’t Set Up My Eyes Only
You first need to set it up to hide pictures in my eyes. It is not a complicated process, but it may take some time. To set up my eyes only:
1. Have at least one Snap saved to the Memories section of the app.
2. When you are on Snapchat’s main screen, swipe up to reveal the memories section.
3. Select a snap from the Snaps section by pressing and holding it. Select “Move” from the Move menu at the bottom of the screen.
4. Quick setup can be accessed by tapping on it and entering a 4-digit passcode.
5. To create a strong password, select the “Use passphrase” option at the bottom of the screen.
6. Accept the conditions by tapping on the proceed button.
7. Finishing the setup is as simple as pressing the Finish button.
8. A new “My Eyes Only” tab has been added to the Memories part of the app, next to the Snaps and Camera Roll sections.
How Long Can Videos Be In My Eyes Only?
You can now make videos on Snapchat that are up to 60 seconds, and to be able to move videos to my eyes only, they need to be as short as the videos in memories. If your video is longer than 60 seconds, you will not be able to move it to My Eyes Only.
How to Fix Can’t Hide Snaps In My Eyes Only
1. Go to Your Camera Roll and Edit The Video
1. Crop the video on your camera roll to a length of 60 seconds or less and save it.
2. Select “Hide Video” from the drop-down menu in Snapchat’s camera roll. Tap the video down and touch “Hide Video” (My Eyes Only).
3. Don’t press the “Move” button just yet.
4. Before uploading the video, return to the camera roll app and crop the video to the length you like or select “revert” to return to the previous state.
5. Return to Snapchat, where the video should still get chosen, and you may decide to post it by clicking on the “Upload Video” button.
2. Restart App
The most common way to fix a software problem is simply to “reboot” the program. If you have a software malfunction, restarting the app is the quickest way to resolve it.
To put it another way, you should close Snapchat and then open it again. Once you restart the app, it should work just fine, and you should be able to hide videos in my eyes only.
3. Fix Internet Connection
Make sure that you have a stable internet connection. It may seem simple, but it is essential. Check to see whether you have a WiFi connection or, at the very least, a strong cellphone signal. Ensure that the cellular data permission is enabled if you intend to use Snapchat using your mobile data connection.
If you may be experiencing a WiFi connection problem, restart your router and cable modem (turn them both off for at least two minutes, then switch them back on).
If it’s still not functioning, there may be a local service outage, in which case you should contact your internet service provider to determine if there is an issue with their network.
4. Clear Cache
If you are still experiencing difficulties getting Snapchat to function correctly, you may be experiencing issues with damaged data in Snapchat’s data cache.
That’s alright – you can clear the cache. Snapchat’s cache can be cleared on your iPhone by going to settings.
You can clear the cache on an Android phone using the following methods. The procedures may differ somewhat depending on the version of Android you are using; however, the basic process is as follows:
1. Launch the Settings application.
2. Select Apps & Notifications from the drop-down menu.
3. Navigate to the list of applications (if required, choose to see all apps) and select Snapchat.
4. Select Storage and cache from the drop-down menu.
5. Select Clear cache from the drop-down menu.
When you delete Snapchat from your mobile device, the space that Snapchat was using up on your device’s internal storage is released for use by other applications. That’s pretty much all in terms of information.
Because your account data is not saved locally — but rather on a remote Snapchat server — deleting the app will not affect your account information.
Snap takes excellent care of the memories you store, ensuring that they are available when you log back into your Snapchat account after reinstalling the app.
6. Update App
Updates are similar to those performed on any other app that you may have installed on your device. Snapchat constantly introduces new features and bug fixes to ensure that users have a positive experience with the app.
Aside from regularly monitoring the App Store or Play Store for updates, it might be difficult to predict when a new Snapchat version will be available. If you have an iPhone, you choose select to install automatic updates.
To update Snapchat on an Android device, follow these steps:
1. By tapping on it, the Play Store application will get launched.
2. To access the menu, go to the upper left-hand side of the app and select “Menu.”
3. Select My apps & games from the drop-down menu.
4. Find Snapchat in the list of updates by selecting the UPDATES tab at the top of the page.
5. If there is a Snapchat update available, tap UPDATE to receive the latest version.
The Snapchat update is accessible for iPhones through the Apple App Store. To update Snapchat, follow these steps:
1. Access the App Store icon on your iOS device, and the App Store application will launch. Ensure that you are connected to the internet before beginning the updating process.
2. To find the button to update Snapchat, navigate to the Updates tab at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, if you don’t see an Updates page, click on your profile image.
3. To update Snapchat, select UPDATE from the drop-down menu next to the app.
There are many reasons why you may not be able to hide snaps in my eyes only. First and foremost, you must ensure that your internet connection is operational and that everything is functioning correctly. Next, make sure that My Eyes Only is enabled on your device before attempting to upload your photos and videos to this folder.