If you are one of many Roblox users worldwide, you may want to buy some Robux so that you and your friends can access a private server for your games. However, there might be some issues that arise when you go to purchase your Robux.
When you buy the Robux on your account, you can select which payment method you want to use, and then as soon as you get to the next step, you are booted back to picking a payment method.
Or, maybe you are trying to buy some Robux, and the app closes as soon as you try to buy any Robux.
Another issue you may be experiencing is that you are told that “an error has occurred during this purchase. Please try again later. If this problem persists contact [email protected]”, your “payment canceled”, or that “Your payment is delayed”.
These are all possible problems you may encounter when you try to purchase any Robux to be used on your Roblox account. If this is happening to you, there are many ways you can identify what is happening to your account and try to solve your issues with buying Robux.
1. Poor Internet Connection
Fix – Restart Router
You might not be able to buy any Robux for your Roblox account on whatever device you are using because your internet is down or there is a bad connection to your Wi-Fi network. A straightforward method to remedy this issue is resetting your Wi-Fi router.
To do this, you can disconnect and reconnect to your Wi-Fi on your device, locate your router and unplug and plug back in your router, or power down and power back up your router.
Also, the longer you keep your router unplugged, the longer your internet will have to take a breather and allow a true reset. If you only unplug your router for a few seconds, this might not be enough time for your router to reset, and you will not solve any of your issues.
This will reset your router and your internet with it, hopefully allowing you to finally purchase some Robux so that you can use them to get some new servers on your Roblox account.
Fix 2 – Restart Internet Connection on Device
You can also try to fix your issues with Robux not letting you purchase whatever it is that you want to buy by restarting the internet connection on the device you are using to access Robux.
This is a simple and fast potential remedy that hopefully gets you back to purchasing your Robux so you can buy those new servers on Roblox. How you go about restarting your network will vary based on the device that you are using.
Your network settings will typically be located on the menu or setting of whatever device you are using to try and purchase Robux. Once you are able to find this setting area, you should see your network settings.
Simply turn off any network settings for a while and then turn it back on after a couple of minutes.
This will restart your network on the device you are using to try and purchase Robux on and should hopefully let you finally buy some Robux that you can use on your Roblox account.
Fix 3 – Use Your Phone As A Hotspot For Your PC
Your Wi-Fi connection may also be inhibiting you from being able to purchase any Robux for your Roblox account. One change may be to switch to your cellular data, if that is an option with your current phone, and use your phone as a hotspot for your PC.
1. To do this, grab your phone and open up Settings.
2. Now, depending on your phone type, either go directly to Personal Hotspot or your Cellular Data and then to your Personal Hotspot.
3. Once you are at the page where your Personal Hotspot is located, turn it on.
4. Now, go to your Internet Connection on your PC and connect to your phone’s hotspot
Once you have officially gotten connected to your phone’s hotspot on your PC, try again to see if you can finally purchase some Robux so you can use them on your Roblox account.
Fix 4 – Switch to A Different Network
You can also try to switch to a different network than the one you have been previously using to try and be able to finally purchase some Robux, which can then be used on your Roblox account.
If the issues with you buying Robux are caused by the internet network you are currently connected to, using a different network could be your solution.
1. From the device you are trying to buy Robux, go to your Internet Connection.
2. Now, click on another internet, different from the one you are currently connected to.
3. Next, log in to this different internet network.
4. Once you are logged into the new internet network, open Roblox back up and see if you are able to buy any Robux now.
If you do not have access to another internet network from where you currently are or do not know the passwords to any nearby you, you can also try going to areas with free public Wi-Fi and connect to those connections instead.
These types of free public Wi-Fi can typically be found at libraries and coffee shops. You can try using one of these to get connected to a new internet connection to try and buy some Robux.
2. There’s An Issue With Your Account
Fix – Switch to Another Account
It may just be your account that is the problem and that is why you cannot buy any Robux to use on your Roblox account. One solution may be to use a different Roblox account. Maybe your sister has her account, or your best friend has an account as well.
Ask anyone with a Roblox account for their email and password, and then use their account instead of on your same device. By doing this, you will hopefully be able to finally purchase whatever it is that you want to buy with your Robux.
Additionally, ensure you inform the person whose account you are using that you are buying something but will pay them back.
Otherwise, if they see that someone is trying to purchase something on their account and they had no idea that that was happening, they may cancel the purchase or block it, making it so that you are still unable to purchase whatever it is that you wanted.
3. Roblox Out of Date
Fix – Update it on Microsoft Store
You may need to update your Roblox app so that you can purchase some Robux to be used on your account. Like with every other app you use, Roblox will need to be updated occasionally to ensure that it works for you properly.
These updates will fix little bugs and glitches that are happening with Roblox, as well as add some new features as well.
1. To see if an update is available, open up the PC on which you are using your Roblox app.
2. Go to Microsoft Store.
3. Now, select the Library.
4. From there, go to Get Updates.
5. You will now be able to see all of the apps on your PC that need an update.
6. If Roblox is listed, go ahead and update it. You can also select to update all apps in need of an update as well.
7. Once updated, see if you can now purchase some Robux to use them with your Roblox account.
If there was no update available, this is not the cause of your issues with being unable to purchase on Robux.
3. Your Account is New
Fix – Use Your Account For A Few Days
Suppose you just recently created your Roblox account because your friends could not stop talking about the newest game developed by another friend, and you want to be able to see what all this talk is about.
In that case, this may be why you are unable to buy any Robux to use with your Roblox account.
Sometimes, there is a little glitch in the Roblox system that works against new users. This glitch is that new users often have to have their account for a few days and interact with their Roblox friends to purchase any Robux.
To overcome this glitch so that you can use your Roblox account to buy Robux and then purchase some servers for you and your friends, you have to use your account for a few days.
Once you have actively used your account throughout a couple of days, you should try and see if you can now buy any Robux. Hopefully, using your new account will allow you to do just that.
4. You’ve Reached A Spending Limit
Another reason that you might be unable to purchase any Robux to use on your Roblox account is that you have reached your spending limit. While there is no limit to what you can spend on Robux created by Roblox, your account may have spending limits set by a parent or other guardian.
If you have been purchasing quite a few Robux lately but successfully, to buy some new servers on Roblox, then this might be the case for you.
The easiest way to determine if you have a spending limit is to ask your parent, guardian, or anyone else who may have access to your Roblox account and can limit your Robux purchases.
If you learn that you have a spending limit, you will have to wait until the next month, when this spending limit resets, to purchase more Robux.
However, keep in mind this spending purchase for the upcoming month so that you are not in the same situation again where you are unable to buy any more Robux to use to buy servers for your Roblox account.
5. Roblox is Down
Fix – Wait For Server to Resolve
If you keep trying to purchase some Robux for your Roblox account, you can use your Robux to buy the coolest, newest drop on Roblox and show it off to all of your friends but you cannot purchase said Robux, Roblox’s server may be to blame.
It is very common for networks to go out for a couple minutes every once and a while, so do not fret. There are quite a few ways to try and get it back up and starting, or you may not even be connected to your network at all.
Sometimes a quick reset is all your connection may need to get back up and running. You can also go to downdetctor.com and type Roblox into the search box. This will let you know if the Roblox server is currently having any issues. Once you search it, the website will tell you if the Roblox network is up and working.
If it is not, you will have to wait until it is or you can try to restart your router. Otherwise, if your network is not down, that is not why you are unable to purchase Robux and the Roblox server is not to blame, something else is.
6. Other Payment Options Aren’t Available Due to A Bug
Fix – Use the Redeem A Card Option
There may be a bug with the current payment options you have saved to your Roblox account which is causing you to not be able to purchase any more Robux. If this is the case, you can try to add a new card using the Redeem A Card option upon checkout.
1. Go to purchase some Robux as you normally would.
2. Once you are at the page where you select Payment Method, pick the option that says Redeem A Card.
3. You will now have to input the information of the card you are adding to your account
4. Now that you have successfully added a new card, click this one as your Payment Method and check out.
By using a new card to purchase your Robux, this will hopefully overcome the glitch that is causing you to be unable to purchase them for use on your Roblox account.
7. You Don’t Have Enough Funds
Fix – Make Sure You Have Enough Funds
With Roblox, there is also the option to have preloaded funds into your account which can be used when you go to check out and buy some Robux instead of using a card.
If you do not have enough funds in your account and use the preloaded funds as your payment method, you will be unable to purchase any Robux. You can check how much you have left in your funds following these steps.
1. First, open up Roblox.
2. Now, click on the Menu button on the bottom of the screen.
3. Then, in the lower left corner, you will see My Balance with a number next to it. That number is the amount you have left in your funds.
4. If this is not enough to cover the Robux you are trying to purchase, you will have to add more or use another payment option.
If you do have enough funds to cover the Robux you are trying to purchase, then this is not the cause of your issues with buying them.
8. Email and Phone Number Not Verified
Fix – Verify Email and Number
Another reason that you may be unable to buy any Robux on your Roblox account is that you have yet to verify your phone number and email. Thankfully, you can easily do just that by using these steps.
1. To start, open up Roblox and go to your Settings on the bottom of the screen.
2. Next, select on Account Info.
3. Now, select the option that says Verify Email.
4. There will now be a verification email sent to your email hooked up to your Roblox account.
5. Go to your email and follow the information sent to you in this email.
6. Once you have followed all of the steps, the link will bring you back to your Roblox account
Once you have finished these steps and finally verified your email and your phone number, go back to Roblox and see if you can now buy any Robux. Hopefully, you will be able to and this will solve your issues.
9. You Don’t Have A PayPal Account
Fix – Add PayPal Account as Payment Method
There may be a bug with the current payment options you have saved to your Roblox account which is causing you to not be able to purchase any more Robux. If this is the case, you can try to add your PayPal account as a form of payment upon checkout.
1. Go to purchase some Robux as you normally would.
2. Once you are at the page where you select Payment Method, pick the option that says Link PayPal Account.
3. You will now have to log into the PayPal account that you are adding to your Roblox account
4. Now that you have successfully added your PayPal account click this one as your Payment Method and check out.
Using your PayPal account instead to purchase your Robux, will hopefully overcome the glitch that is causing you to be unable to purchase them for use on your Roblox account.
10. App is Glitching
Fix – Restart App
Another way you can try and solve your issues with not being able to purchase any Robux on your Roblox account is to restart the app . You can do this in just a few, quick steps.
1. Start by opening up Roblox and clicking on the Roblox logo in the upper left side of your screen.
2. Now, click on Reset, or if you are using a PC, just click the R letter on your keyboard.
3. A popup menu will now appear asking you to confirm your restart. Click on Confirm or Yes.
4. This will then cause your Roblox app to quit and restart.
5. After a couple of minutes, go ahead and reopen your Roblox app.
6. Now, check to see if you can finally purchase some Robux.
Fix 2 – Log Out then Back in
A very quick and possible fix is to simply log out of the Roblox app and then log right back in to your account. This can help let the app refresh and regroup, potentially allowing you to beat your problems and actually be able to purchase some Robux to be used for your account.
1. To log out, open up your Roblox app.
2. Now, on the navigation bar that is located at the bottom, tap on More.
3. Next, tap on the icon that appears in the very top right corner of your screen.
4. Then, click on Log Out from the popup menu that appears and this will hopefully solve your problems with using the Roblox app to purchase Robux.
If you do not remember your password, do not fear. Once you log out, you can easily send a password reset link to the email associated with your account and gain access right back in. This should hopefully get you back to being able to purchase some Robux so that you can buy things on your Roblox account.
Fix 3 – Clear Cache
Clearing cache on the PC or device that you use Roblox on is another way that you can try to get back to being able to buy Robux for your account. Doing this will greatly depend on which device or PC you use to play Roblox on.
Thankfully, by visiting help.roblox.com you can easily figure out how to clear cache on whatever you are using. Simply search “Clear Cache” on the website’s search bar and you will be met with explanations on how to clear cache on a variety of devices.
Fix 4 – Reinstall App
Another way that you can try and get back to being able to purchase Robux for your Roblox account is by reinstalling the app. First you will have to delete it.
1. To delete your Roblox app, open up your PC and then click on Settings.
2. Next, go to Apps.
3. Now, scroll until you are able to find Roblox.
4. Then, right click Roblox and select Uninstall.
5. Next, go to the app store on your PC and redownload Roblox.
6. Once you have redownloaded Roblox, you will have to log in to your account.
Now that you are logged in to the newly reinstalled Roblox app, try again to see if you can purchase any Robux to be used on your account.
12. Web Browser Glitching
Fix – Use Incognito
Using Incognito on the PC that you are using to try and buy Robux on can be the solution to getting some of these purchased for your Roblox account. To use Incognito, it will depend on the PC you are using.
Since every PC has different buttons and settings, simply search the PC you are using along with Incognito and you will easily be able to locate how to use these types of browsers on your PC.
Once you have entered Incognito, try again to see if you are able to purchase any Robux to be used on your Roblox account. By using Incognito, you are using a private browser, so hopefully this will solve all of your issues.
Fix 2 – Use Another Browser
Another way to help you finally purchase some Robux to be used on your Roblox account is to change the browser you are using, which could be a variety of different ones.
Some of the options that are offered through virtually every PC brand are Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and a couple others that are unique to the type of PC that you are using Roblox on.
To get to these browsers instead of the one you are currently using, download that browser onto your PC the same way you did the one you are now using. Now, log in to Roblox on this new browser.
Changing from your current browser to whatever browser you decide to use next gives your PC a refresh and a chance to figure out how to let you purchase some Robux.
This change in browser will hopefully stop your issues of being unable to purchase any Robux to be used on your Roblox account.
Fix 3 – Clear Cache and Cookies
Clearing cache and cookies on the browser that you use Roblox on is another way that you can try to get back to being able to buy Robux for your account. Doing this greatly depends on the browser you use to play Roblox.
Thankfully, you can easily learn how to clear cache and cookies by looking up “How to clear cache and cookies on [your browser]”. You will then be able to find plenty of ways to clear cache and cookies on your specific browser so you can get back to buying Robux for your Roblox account.