Many times, there are certain errors that can cause your Whatsapp calls to be declined automatically. If you find yourself in this kind of scenario, we have fixes for you.
Why is My WhatsApp Call Declined Automatically?
1. Poor Internet
A common issue that causes lots of problems when it comes to using any sort of social media app is making sure that the internet connection you are using actually works and allows you to stay connected to the internet and therefore use the features that the social media app provides.
Follow the next troubleshooting steps to find the solution to the issue of having your Whatsapp calls declined automatically and make sure this does not happen again.
Fix – Switch From Wifi to Data Vice Versa
You will want to try playing around with whether the internet signal you are receiving is stronger when you are connected to Wi-Fi than when you are connected to your mobile data.
Play around with disabling both sources of internet connections to verify which one can provide a more stable and stronger connection depending on where you find yourself at the moment.
There are a few steps you can take in order to switch between connections to find the best one for you.
1. Head over to the Settings menu on your device.
2. Once you are at your phone’s Settings menu, head over to the option to see the Wi-Fi connections available for your device.
3. If your Wifi is enabled, click to disable it and go ahead and confirm your action.
4. Once you have disabled the wifi connection, wait a few seconds before enabling the connection to turn the wifi back on your phone.
5. Once the Wi-Fi is back on your phone, head over to the Twitter app and verify if the Tweet button has gone back to normal.
6. If the signal is still not stable and you wish to verify if your mobile data is stronger than the Wifi connection, then you will need to follow the previous steps again.
7. Once you have disabled the Wifi connection, head out of your Settings and open up the Twitter app.
8. Verify if switching over to your data connection has allowed you to make calls on Whatsapp without them going directly to voicemail or being declined.
Fix 2 – Turn Off VPN
Something that has become pretty common in the tech world is for everyone to be using a VPN or a Virtual Private Network to keep their browsing history and traffic as safe as possible.
However, when you end up using a VPN, this can limit the kinds of features available to you when you have the VPN enabled. This might be one of the reasons you cannot use the messaging feature when it comes to using Twitter.
This is something that is as simple as it was to disable your Wifi connection. Follow the next steps in order to turn off your VPN and verify if this can fix your issues using Whatsapp calling and having the feature declined.
1. Start by closing any apps you are on, including the Twitter app, to ensure that when you open up those apps again, you can use your mobile data instead of the previous Wifi connection.
2. Once all of your previous apps have been closed, go ahead and head over to the main menu on your device.
3. Find the Settings app on your main menu and open this up.
4. Scroll down the Settings menu until you are able to locate the option for the VPN menu.
5. Click on the VPN option. Click on disable or turn off the option that is found within the VPN menu.
6. Once the Wi-Fi is disabled, you will notice that the VPN icon has disappeared.
7. Once your VPN has been turned off, go ahead and open Whatsapp and verify if this has fixed the issues you were having with your Whatsapp calls being declined.
Fix 3 – Restart Router
The reset button is located at the back of the device. In order to be able to reach the inside of the hole and actually reset the device, you will need a small sharp object such as a paperclip or an earring.
The power button will allow a user to restart the networking device without even needing to unplug the router in the first place. If your device has no power switch, you can also turn off the device by pulling the plug out of the power outlet.
After this, you will want to wait for 15 seconds. Follow this by then plugging the device back in. Performing this power cycle will help ensure that everything restarts correctly.
Go ahead and continue by unplugging the modem and router from the power outlet. Wait at least 15 seconds.
Follow this by plugging the modem back into the power outlet first. After this, you will want to wait about 2 minutes.
After doing this, you will want to wait for all panel lights on your cable modem to become green. Make sure you do this before testing your internet connection.
After this is done, you will need to connect to the network using your computer and once this is done, make sure to test the internet connection. It’s always better to test this by connecting with an ethernet cable. This can be done by directly plugging the ethernet cable into the router.
2. Their Phone Died
One of the bit less thought of reasons as to why one of your Whatspp calls has been declined and went straight to voicemail could simply mean that the phone of the person who you are trying to contact has died or is simply off.
Whenever a phone has no more battery, has died or the user has turned off the device, this means that during this time, they will not be receiving calls or messages. At the very least, when this happens, the other user will not have calls go through.
So this might be a good scenario and explanation as to why your phone call through Whatsapp was declined.
There is only one solution to this and the following will explain what to do if you suspect that you Whatsapp call was declined because the other user’s phone battery has potentially died while you were trying to contact them.
Fix – Call Them Later
Whenever someone who you are trying to contact has a dead phone with a dead battery and all your phone calls to them are being declined because of this reason, the only real and obvious solutions in these kinds of cases is to simply wait until they have charged their phone’s battery and call them later at a different time.
There is not much that can be done other than this because if the phone is not charged, then all calls, not just calls that are made through Whatsapp, will be declined.
Wait a few hours until you try to make the call again, giving the other user a chance to go ahead and get at least a partial battery percentage on their device once again. Once those few hours are over, try making the call using Whatsapp once again and see what happens.
If you make the call through Whatsapp and the call goes through, then the reason behind why your calls were being declined was more than likely because their phone had no battery when you previously tried to call them.
If your Whatsapp calls are still being declined even after a few hours wer given to make sure the other user had a chance to charge their device, then the real reason behind this happening might not be a dead battery on the device.
3. They Rejected the Call By Clicking the Decline Button
Whenever someone receives a call on their phone, regardless of how this phone call is coming in through, the user that is receiving the call always has the choice to go ahead and answer the phone call or to reject the phone call by clicking the decline button.
When the user decides to click on the Decline button on any incoming call, then the phone call will simply not go through and will be, as said, declined.
If your phone calls to another user are being declined, then there is a chance that that user is simply rejecting your calls for whatever reason they might have. If you believe this is happening to you, there is one thing you can to try and get your call to go through.
Fix – Wait For Them to Call You Back
If your phone calls to another user are being declined, then there is a chance that that user is simply rejecting your calls for whatever reason they might have, there really only is one solution to this issue.
The solution if you find yourself having declined calls and believing that the reason this is happening is because the person on the other end of the phone is rejecting the calls you are making to them is to simply wait for them to call you back.
As mentioned, there are many reasons as to why somebody is rejecting your calls by declining them when they are coming in. They could simply be busy or its not the best time for them to take a call at the moment you are calling.
If this is the case, they will most likely give you a call back when they find themselves at a better time to speak and take a call. Be patient and wait for them to call you back.
4. They Put Their Phone on Airplane Mode
Another likely reason that your Whatsapp calls to another user are being declined automatically is that perhaps the other user has put their phone on Airplane mode.
Airplane mode essentially turns off celular data on any device that is placed in that mode and is used for various reasons such as when you are about to board on an actual airplane if you simply want to save data during a time of limited access to internet.
Whatever the case is, whenever a device is put on Airplane mode, data and any features that use data will be limited and turned off. This could be a reason as to why your Whatsapp phone calls are being automatically declined.
If the user has their data off, then no calls will make it through to the user and this is especially the case if that user has placed their phone on Airplane mode.
The solution that comes if you believe that the other user has gone ahead and placed their phone on Airplane mode is to simply wait until they take off Airplane mode and phone calls will go through using either data or WiFi.
Something that has become very common, especially in the tech world, is understanding that technology of all sorts will, at some point, experience some sort of bug in the software that it uses and will cause some of the features to stop working properly or to stop working completely.
Knowing that there could be a bug in the app or website you are using is a potential solution to your issue, as an app can cause all kinds of disruptions in the way that you are using the app and the way that it performs any kind of task.
Because of this, you will want to try a few troubleshooting methods that will help you get rid of any kind of bug that the software may be dealing with and might be causing a glitch in the system.
Fix – Force Restart Device
Follow the next steps in order to proceed with restarting your device. Keep in mind that restarting your device does not erase any saved settings or configurations.
1. Close the Uber app or the last app that you were on.
2. Once you find yourself on the menu, tap and hold on both the power button and any of the volume buttons on the side of your device.
3. Make sure to press and hold both of the buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
4. After pressing down for a few seconds, you will notice that your device’s screen will turn black.
5. Once the screen turns black, let go of the buttons. The restart process will begin.
6. After your device has restarted, you should have your device turn back on as it normally would.
7. Once your device has turned back on as normal, go ahead and open Whatsapp and verify if this has fixed the issues you were having with your Whatsapp calls being declined.
Fix 2 – Clear WhatsApp Cache
In order to start with getting rid of any sort of bugs that the Whatsapp calling feature might potentially have, you will want to start off and try to clear the app’s cache. Clearing an app’s cache essentially removes the short-term memory that the app has.
In order to clear the app’s cache, you will need to be able to follow the next steps in order to perform this process successfully.
1. Head over to your phone’s Settings app.
2. Once you are on your phone’s settings menu, scroll down the menu and look for the option that says Apps.
3. After you have found the apps option on your settings menu, find the Twitter option in the menu.
4. Under the app’s page, you will see an option to clear the app’s cache.
5. Go ahead and clear the cache for the app.
6. After you have cleared the cache for the app, try opening the app again.
7. Go ahead and open Whatsapp and verify if this has fixed the issues you were having with your Whatsapp calls being declined.
Fix 3 – Report the Problem to WhatsApp
The Whatsapp support team is easy to get ahold of, and a simple search for the right contact information will lead you to be able to get ahold of someone who will be able to help you.
Whether it is through a virtual chat, a phone call, or through email, find the right contact option for you to try and contact the Whatsapp support team in order to get support with your issue.