Why Does My Vizio TV Say No Network Detected
1. DHCP is Off
Fix – Turn on DHCP
If your Vizio TV is not detecting and connecting to your network, it may be because you need to turn on your DHCP. To ensure that your DHCP is on, you will need to access your router settings. Once you are there, follow these steps to see what your DHCP settings are.
1. Once you are into your router information, click on Menu.
2. Next, you will click on Settings.
3. Now, go to Station Configuration.
4. You will now be able to see an option that says DHCP mode. Tap on that option.
5. This page will now show you what your DHCP setting is set to. If it is Off turn it to On.
By turning on your DHCP, your Vizio TV will hopefully detect your network now and allow you to get connected to it. However, if your DHCP settings were already turned on, this is not the cause of why your Vizio TV will not detect your internet network.
2. Poor Internet
Fix – Check the Network Status
If you keep trying to get your Vizio TV to get connected to your internet connection for you so you can utilize it, your network status may be to blame. It is very common for networks to go out for a couple of minutes every once and a while, so do not fret.
There are quite a few ways to try and get it back up and starting, or you may not even be connected to your network at all. Sometimes a quick reset is all your connection may need to get back up and running.
You can also go to downdetctor.com and type your network into the search box. This will let you know if the network you are using is having any issues. Once you search it, the website will tell you if your network is up and working.
If it is not, you will have to wait until it is or you can try to restart your router. Otherwise, if your network is not down, that is not why your Vizio TV will not detect nor connect to your network.
Fix 2 – Restart Router
A bad internet connection may also be the cause of your problems with your Vizio TV not detecting your network.
By locating your Wi-Fi router and restarting it, this will improve a faulty internet. To restart it, you can either simply unplug it from the plug in for a couple of minutes then plug it back in, or locate the power button on the router itself and turn it off for a while before turning it back on.
Your Wi-Fi connection or cellular data may also be inhibiting you from uploading your video. One change may be to switch to your cellular data if you are currently connected to Wi-Fi, or vice versa.
Once you have changed to either Wi-Fi or data, try again to see if your Vizio TV will fnd the network you want to connect it to.
Fix 3 – Check the Strength of the Wi-Fi Signal
If you keep trying to use your Vizio TV and it just is not working and will not connect to your internet connection because it cannot find one, your actual internet connection may be to blame.
To see if your internet connection is at fault, check your Wi-Fi signal. You can check your Wi-Fi signal with a computer, laptop, or even desktop.
1. Once you have your device, click on your Wi-Fi button while holding down the Option key on your keyboard.
2. Now, you will see a lot of different things but look for RSSI which means received signal strength indicator.
3. The closer this number is to 0, the stronger it is. The closer it is to -100, the weaker it is.
4. If you have a number that is lower than -50, your Wi-Fi is fairly weak and this can explain why your Vizio TV is having issues and not connecting to your internet connection.
There are sadly not a lot of easy ways to change the strength of your Wi-Fi signal. Moving your router closer to your Vizio TV may help a little as well as purchasing a signal booster so that your Wi-Fi signal is closer to 0 and you can connect your TV to it potentially.
Fix 4 – Change DNS Confguration
Changing your DNS configuration is another way to try and get your Vizio TV fnally connected to your internet connection when it is saying there is no network detected so you can use all of the features that your Vizio TV has to offer.
When you change your DNS configuration, you are essentially upgrading the internet connection you are using. This will make your connection faster and more secure. Through this change, your Vizio TV will be able to find a DNS that is stronger and faster than the one you were using before.
This will hopefully get your Vizio TV to connect to your Wi-Fi again since it is using a more stable connection than before. Changing your DNS configuration can easily be done.
1. First, you will need to select the Service Tab within your internet settings.
2. Now, under the Equipment section, click Router.
3. Then, scroll down to Advanced Settings and select DNS Server.
4. Next, choose Manage DNS and then enter your desired DNS into the Primary DNS Server area.
5. Now, simply select Save.
Your internet connection will now officially be working from another DNS which will make it stronger and more efficient. This change will hopefully allow you to finally get your Vizio TV hooked up to it as well and find your network.
Fix 5 – Change the SSID and Password
Another way to try and fx your Vizio TV so that it finally finds and connects to your internet connection is to change the SSID and password on your internet itself.
1. To do this, you will need to access whatever service provider you.
2. Once you are there, it will depend on what exact service provider you have, but access your settings or account and then change both your SSID and password.
3. SSID is essentially the name of your internet connection.
4. Now that you have done this, try again to get your Vizio TV fnding and hooked up to your newly named internet connection.
By changing this information, you will have to re-login as well on your Vizio TV. During the re-login, your Vizio TV will hopefully connect to your internet connection this time and get you officially connected to it so that you can use your Vizio TV to its fullest potential and have access to your Wi-Fi.
Fix – Restart
Another quick fix that can get any glitches or bugs out of your Vizio TV’s settings so that you can finally fnd your network and get connected to it is through restarting your TV. This can easily be done and is a very quick remedy if it works for you.
1. The first thing you are going to want to do is find where your Vizo TV is plugged into either in an outlet or where the cord from the outlet is plugged into your TV.
2. Once you locate this power cord, unplug it from either your Vizio TV or your outlet.
3. Next, click the power button on your Vizio TV for five seconds.
4. Now, plug your power cord back into your Vizio TV or your outlet, whichever you removed it from.
5. Your Vizio TV will now be reset.
By resetting your Vizio TV, will hopefully allow it to fnd your network finally and connect to it so you can get back to using your tv.
Fix 2 – Cold Restart TV
If a simple restart was not the remedy to your Vizio TV not finding your internet network, you can also try a cold restart, which is basically just a more manual restart on your end.
1. To cold restart your Vizio TV, leave it plugged in, but turn it off.
2. Next, hold down both the Volume Up and the Volume Down buttons at the same time.
3. Keep holding these buttons down and now, click on the power button on your Vizio TV remote.
4. Once your TV is turned back on, click on the Menu button.
5. There should be a little F located in the bottom right of your screen as well.
6. From the Menu screen, click on Service Menu.
7. You will now see an option that says Restart. Click on that and then click on Confirm.
8. Your Vizio TV will power down automatically.
Once these steps are complete, your Vizio TV will have officially gone through a cold restart. Now, check to see if your network can be detected on your TV finally.
Fix 3 – Contact Vizio
If all else is still failing and you just want to enjoy watching your favorite new TV show that requires a streaming service on your Vizio TV, reaching out to the Vizio customer support is another solution you can try.
To contact them, go to Support.Vizio.com. Once you get to the website, select your language and you can get started in letting the company know about the problems you are having with their TV.
At the very top of the screen, you will see a search engine where you can type in what problem you are experiencing. Type something along the lines of “TV Will Not Find My Network”.
Vizio will now give you a variety of different ways to get your TV finding your network, connected and working once again. You can also select the devices that you are having issues with directly on the home page.
To do this, select Tv’s and then either select the specific Vizio TV if you know which one you have or you can type the model code in as well.
This will again give you plenty of links that Vizio offers to help you try and get your TV connected to and finding your internet.
If their website for customer service is still of no help to you, you can call 844-254-8087 and get in touch with a live customer service representative from Vizio. They will be able to help you from there with getting your Vizio TV back online.
4. WPA-PSK [TKIP] Encryption Isn’t Enabled
Fix – Enable It in By Logging Into Routers Login Portal
Another cause as to why your Vizio TV will not detect your network is because of your WPA-PSK [TKIP] Encryption. However, this can easily be enabled by simply logging in to your route through its login portal.
1. To start, access whatever service provider you use for your internet and get logged in to your router’s login in portal.
2. Now that you are logged in, go to your Settings.
3. Once at the Settings page, you will see an option for your WPA-PSK [TKIP] Encryption. Click on that option.
4. Next, check to see if your WPA-PSK [TKIP] Encryption settings are enabled or not. If they are not, turn it on.
By enabling your WPA-PSK [TKIP] Encryption settings, your Vizio TV will hopefully be able to detect your network fnally and get you back to using all of the features this TV offers you.
5. Power Cut
Fix – Correct The Power Cut
If you have recently experienced a power outage, this can be why your Vizio TV will not detect nor connect to your network. Following a power cut, there are a couple ways you can try and help your Vizio TV find your network.
The first is to unplug your Vizio TV for a couple minutes, plug it back in, and see if this works.
If it does not, you can also try resetting your network connection or router and check if your Vizio TV will finally fnd your network. Another possibility is that the power cut caused your network to fry, so you will need to contact your network provider.
6. Poor Signal Strength
Fix – Get a WIFI Booster
Your Vizio TV might not be fnding your network because your Wi-Fi’s signal strength is just too weak. Buying a Wi-Fi booster (view on Amazon) might be your only option to get your internet connection to be found by your Vizio TV.
You can go buy one yourself or online If you want to shop in person, head on over to any store similar to Walmart, Best Buy, or even Target. Once you get there, go to the technology department and locate a Wi-Fi booster.
If you are struggling to fnd a Wi-Fi booster, ask the nearest worker to help you and they will bring you to an area that has plenty of Wi-Fi boosters for you to pick from that will work with your network.
You can also find one on Amazon, Ebay, or any other online store and get it shipped to your house. Wi-Fi boosters range from $20 to $500, so you should be able to fnd one that fts your budget and gets your Vizio TV to find your network and get connected.
7. Other Devices Interfering with Connectivity
Fix – Disconnected Other Devices on WIFI
Your VIzio TV may be failing to fnd and connect to your internet connection as well if you have too many devices connected to it. Some of these output devices may be computers, other TVs, phones, tablets, or anything else that relies on having an internet connection to work.
Having these attached may just be overloading your system and inhibiting your Vizio TV from properly connecting to your internet. To disconnect them, simply just go onto all of these devices, go into their settings, and then turn off Wi-Fi.
This will automatically disconnect them from your internet connection and hopefully, allow you to finally get your Vizio TV locating your network and hook up to said internet connection.
8. Wrong Network
Fix – Connect to the Right Network
A simple answer as to why your Vizio TV is not detecting your network is because you are not looking for the right network.
Maybe its name got changed, you renamed it and did not remember, or another member of the household needed to change the name for another purpose.
Whatever the reason may be, ensure that you are looking for the right network. It might actually be right in front of you and you just did not quite realize it.
9. Issues with Your ISP
Fix – Contact Your ISP
The reason why you are unable to detect your network on your Vizio TV may also be due to your Internet Service Provider, or ISP. If the issue lies with your ISP and not something that you can easily fix, the only solution will be to reach out directly to your ISP.
They will be able to help you diagnose what is happening and hopefully make it so that your Vizio TV can detect your network.
10. Out of Date Software
Fix – Update Firmware
Another reason as to why you are struggling to connect your Vizio TV to your internet network may be because your TV is not up to date.
If your Vizio TV is running on an outdated system, much like your phone and other devices, there may be some problems in making it function.
Thankfully, Vizio has some very easy steps that you can follow to get your TV frmware updated and hopefully connected to Wi-Fi again.
1. The first thing you are going to do is start up your Vizio TV and grab your remote.
2. on your VIzio TV remote, press the button that is labeled with a V.
3. Now, you have opened the menu and click on System.
4. You will now see some different choices, select on the one that says Updates.
5. Your Vizio TV will now start to check for any updates needed to itself or the apps you have.
6. If there is a new update available, it will show up on your Vizio TV and you will just need to click on Confirm.
7. Your VIzio TV will now need a few moments to update and may possibly restart automatically for you once the update is fnally downloaded and complete.
Following these steps will potentially be the solution as to why your Vizio TV will not fnd nor connect to your internet connection and get you back to using your tv.
Fix 2 – Reset TV to Factory
You may need to factory reset your Vizio TV as well for it to fx its issues, and then fnd and connect to your internet network.
To factory reset your TV, all you will need is your Vizio remote. By doing this, the settings on your Vizio TV will be erased and this will hopefully be the way to get your TV back up and connected.
1. To start, turn on your Vizio TV and grab your remote.
2. Simply press the Menu button located on your remote.
3. Next, scroll down and click on System.
4. Your next move is to select Reset and Admin.
5. Once at this screen, click on Reset TV to Factory Default and then click Confrm.
6. This will then automatically restart your Vizio TV.
7. Once it is powered back up, it will essentially be like when you first got your Vizio TV and had to log in to all of your apps and your internet network.
This factory reset of your Vizio TV will cause it to forget all of the previous information that has been saved to it. Hopefully, you will now be able to officially find and connect to your internet network and get back to your binge watching.