Using the Mobile App
1. Open the Facebook app. The small icon is blue with a small F in the center of it. You may need to sign in with your username and password.
2. Tap your profile icon. It has your profile picture and it is at the top of your screen towards the right. If you have no profile picture, it will be a small silhouette of a person in a circle.
3. Tap More. It is the three dots located underneath your bio towards the right side of the screen.
4. Select Activity Log in the menu that appears when you press the three horizontal dots.
5. Tap Category. It is near the top left of the screen in a box.
6. In the menu that appears, tap Hidden from Timeline. A new screen will load displaying all the posts that you have hidden on Facebook.
Finding Other’s Hidden Posts on the Mobile App
1. Open the Facebook app. It looks like a white F on a blue background. You may need to sign in with your username and password, and then press Log In.
2. Tap on the search box, which is located at the top of the screen.
3. Type in “Posts from [insert your friend’s name].” Facebook’s search box can find messages and comments posted by your friends, even the ones that are hidden.
4. Tap on a search result. The page will load your friend’s posts, even posts that are hidden on your friend’s timeline.
5. Unfortunately, the search results don’t sort your friend’s hidden posts and the posts that are available on their profile. This means that everything that they have ever posted will appear here, so you may have to cross check between what you know is on their timeline and what doesn’t appear on their timeline normally.
Finding Your Hidden Posts on a Desktop
1. Go to Facebook.
2. Sign in with your username and password, then click Log In.
3. Click Activity Log in the upper right corner of your Facebook home screen,
4. Click Posts You’ve Hidden. The link is in the left side menu. A new page will load in the middle with a list of all of your hidden Facebook posts.
5. Click the date of the post to see where the hidden post is on your timeline.
Finding Other’s Hidden Posts on a Desktop
1. Open Facebook in your browser by searching for it in the address bar.
2. You may need to type your username and password and then press Login in.
3. Click on the search box at the top left of the screen.
4. Type “Posts from [your friend’s name]” in Facebook’s search box which is capable of finding the hidden messages, comments, and posts of your friends that you are looking for.
5. Click on one of the search results. The page will load a list of your friend’s posts, including the ones that are hidden.
6. Unfortunately, the search results do not sort your friend’s hidden posts from the posts that are available on their profile and both will appear here. Make sure you cross check between what you see that is posted on their timeline and what may not usually appear on their timeline.