Tango is an app where users can make video or audio calls. Users can also send and receive text messages, photos, videos, and location messages. Tango also has filters like Instagram and Snapchat, and these can be used during video calls. You can do group messaging with your contacts and live stream videos.
Tango also has a social network where its users can share videos and photos with the people that follow them to keep them in the loop about their life. You can sign up with your Facebook, phone number or email address. Below, you will find out how to use Tango and its features.
Setting Up Your Account
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your device.
2. When you open the Google Play Store, you can use the search bar at the top of the screen to search for the Tango App.
3. The Tango icon resembles an orange speech bubble with the capital letter T in the middle of it. It should be the first option that you see after using the search bar to find it.
4. Press the green Install button to install it on your Android device. When it is done, you will be able to launch the app by pressing Open. You can also tap the icon that appears on your home screen.
5. When you first open the app, you will be taken through a set-up process. In this process, you will first have to choose the option that you want to use for your account. You can make an account using your email, your phone number, or your Facebook account. Depending on the choice that you make, you may be prompted to follow more on- screen directions.
6. Give the app the necessary permissions to access all of the features. These permissions include your location and your contacts.
Adding Friends and Seeing who you Follow
To add friends, do as follows:
1. Go to the Chat tab at the bottom of the screen and tap it to navigate to it.
2. On the screen, you will see an orange Add Friends button. Tap on this button.
3. When you tap on this button you will see two options. Tap on the first option that says Invite via SMS, Email, Whatsapp, etc to pull up all of the ways that you can invite friends. You can tap on one of the options, and this will open that app. When that app opens, you will be able to navigate to the person that you want to send a message to invite them to Tango.
4. If you tap the second option that says Scan Tango Code, you will be taken to a camera screen where you can scan your friend’s Tango barcode. When you do this, they will be added as a friend after you confirm that is the person that you wanted to add.
To see who you follow, you have to tap on the tab at the bottom with the three figures of people. This will display everyone that you follow and whether they are live. You can use the magnifying glass at the top right corner of the screen to search through them easier if you follow a lot of people. If you tap it, you can even add friends from that tab.
Using the Apps Features
This section will take you through using the many features of the app.
Posting on your Timeline
1. In the left corner of the home screen, you will see a small figure in a circle. Tap on that.
2. You will now be taken to your profile screen. You can add a picture and alter your bio here. You can also pay to add coins here to use during Lives to send gifts or filters.
3. Tap the orange + button in the bottom right of the screen. A box will appear.
4. In the box that appears, you can type by using your keyboard and this will post a message.
5. To add a picture, you will need to press the square to the farthest left at the bottom of the post box. You will be able to access your gallery to choose a picture that you want to post on your timeline.
6. To post a video, press the video camera in the third option at the bottom of the screen.
7. to post music, there is a music note to the furthest right at the bottom of the text box and you will be able to search a song in the Tango app.
8. Press the sideways triangle at the to right corner of the box to post it on your timeline.
Discovering People on the App
1. Tap on the crown in the bottom center of the screen.
2. You will now see the most popular people on the app. Use the tabs at the top of the screen to navigate through the different segments of people.
3. The first tab says Daily. Here, you will see the users that are most popular for the day that you are viewing this section. Scroll through them to explore.
4. Tap on their profile picture, this will take you to their account so that you can see what they have posted, how many followers they have, how many people they are following, and their bio.
You will also see orange buttons underneath their bio where you can follow them or chat with them. There are three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen. If you tap this a menu will appear where you can block the person, report the person, or forward their profile to someone else.
5. Go back and tap on the tab labeled This Week. Here you will see the users that are the most popular this week.
6. On the last tab that says All Time, you will see the users that are the most popular on that app at the time that you are viewing them.
Making and Viewing a Live video
In the bottom corner of the home screen, you will see tabs that you can click on to navigate. The home screen is on the Live tab, the one in the left bottom corner with the video recording camera icon. At the top of the screen, you will see two tabs.
The one labeled Popular is where you can see Live videos that have the most viewers and followers. The one labeled New are Live videos that just started and are popular. You can click on them to view them or scroll through to explore people that you may want to follow.
If you click on them, you will be able to comment while the Live video is occurring. If you click on their profile picture in the upper left corner of the live video, you will be able to see more information about them and press the orange follow button to follow them. You can send gifts and filters when you are watching these videos for a certain amount of coins.
To film one, press the pink video icon in the bottom center of your screen.
To Chat or Make a Call
1. To get to the Chat or Call tab, you must tap on the tab that has a square speech bubble.
2. Tap New Chat or Call at the top of the screen.
3. Once you tap New Chat or Call, you will need to add friends that you want to chat with. Use the figure of the person with the + next to them in the upper right corner to invite a friend by messaging their number or email, or by scanning their Tango code. You will be able to tap the call button once you have added them to a chat.
4. To begin a group chat, you can use the multi-person figure to the left of the singular person figure. You will see a new screen appear, and here you will be able to add multiple people to begin a chat.