You hear music everywhere that you go. When you’re in the grocery store, music is playing in the background while you are shopping. When you’re eating in a restaurant, music is playing while you are eating.
You may be hanging out with your friends and there’s a song over the speaker that you don’t want to ask about. All of these can be fixed by using Shazam, an app that will give you the song’s name and artist.
You don’t need to download the app to do this. You can use this function if you have a Snapchat. Follow the directions below for how you can do this.
1. Launch the Snapchat app. You can do this by tapping the yellow icon that is on your screen. If you can’t find it, then you will be able to search for in on your phone by either swiping up on an Android device to search for it in the search bar located at the top of your screen or by swiping down on an empty space on your iPhone to search for it in the search bar that appears in the middle of your screen.
2. You will now see the screen where the camera is open. Make sure that you are close enough where your phone can hear the song that is playing.
This may be hard to determine by ear, but if you take a video on Snapchat and play it back, you will be able to determine by that video if the song that you are hearing is loud enough. If it isn’t, you may need to move closer to the source. If it is, you can proceed with these directions.
3. Press on the camera screen and then hold your finger to the screen. If you are doing this correctly, you will see little white music notes fly from where your finger is on the screen. A circle will be loading on your screen over and over until the song is discovered.
4. You will hear a high- pitched sound while your finger is on the screen and your screen will momentarily go black until the song details appear. You will see a picture of the artists, with the song name and the artist name appearing under it.
You will be able to press “Song Info” or “Listen” depending on what you want to do.
5. If you tap “listen” then a new option will pop up. You can choose to launch one of the music app choices that are presented to you on the screen. If you choose one, Snapchat will close and the music app that you selected will open to play the song.
6. If you tap “More Info” then the song lyrics, the artist’s highlights, and a choice to listen to the song will appear in a new screen. You can click on the songs in the artist’s highlights to view some of their other popular songs and if you are confused about song of the lyrics you can read about them more.