AirDroid is a free Android app that allows you to manage your phone or tablet from your web browser over the internet. You don’t need to buy a cable to be able to move files off and onto your Android device.
You can even do this when your device isn’t near you. You can transfer files, have remote access to your device, manage messages and contacts, reply to mobile messages, make and answer calls, backup and sync your device, find your device.
1. Make sure your Android device and the computer that you use are on the same WIFI network. Look at the name of your network on both devices.
2. Download the AirDroid app from the Google Play Store. You can do that by following this link here. You can also go on Google Play and search for the app in the search bar at the top of the screen.
3. When the app is done downloading, launch the app by tapping on the green icon with a triangular figure in the middle of it. If you can’t find it, search for it by swiping up on your screen to use the search bar at the top of your screen.
4. Create an AirDroid account using a valid email and a strong password. You can use AirDroid without account when your phone and computer under the same network connection.
5. Next, after verifying your account, you will have to enable all of the Security and Remote Features that you want to use on the account. you don’t have to go searching for this since a screen with all of them on it will pop up as soon as you finish making your account. Tap the back arrow in the left of the screen when you are done turning what you want on.
6. You will be on the Me section of the app where it shows your profile information. You will need to look in the bottom left corner of the screen and tap the icon that is labeled Transfer.
7. Here, you will have to tap add device and follow the directions on the screen. You can tap My Computer to get directions for how to add your computer to the app. You will primarily have to install AirDroid app onto the device that you want to add.
If you are using another Android device, you can use the same link provided in Step 2. If you are using a computer, you will need to go to the AirDroid website to download the app onto your computer. You can add two devices to the app for free or you can pay for premium and add more devices.
8. Once you connect your devices, you will be able to go to Transfer, the tab on the bottom left, to transfer files from one device to another. You will also be able to tap the Tools option in the bottom center of the screen so that you can use other features, like record screen or backup and sync.
Information about the app features
Files Transfer: transfer files without USB cable
Remote Control (AirMirror): Control your Android devices from your computer. You have to download another app on your computer to do this. Click here to do that. AirMirror is located at the bottom of the screen.
Remote Camera: Remote Camera can be found on computer here. You can monitor your surroundings through connected devices all from your computer.
Sync Phone’s Notifications: You will not have to check your notifications on your phone if you turn this feature on. For example, on your computer you will be able to see the notifications of all of your other connected devices without having to pick each of them up and risk being distracted for an extended period of time.
Messages/Contacts/Photos/Videos/Ringtones/Files/Call Logs/Apps Management: You can look at all of these things all on one device for multiple devices depending on how many you have connected to the app.
Find Phone: You can enable Find Phone features through the app on your phone. If you lose your phone, if you have a stable network connection and this feature is turned on, AirDroid will try to find your phone’s location and wipe all data so that it is protected if you can’t seem to find it after you lose it.