You’ve just finished taking a picture on your camera and you go back to your camera roll only to find out that the picture is blurry.
Everyone has experienced this annoying problem and you’re probably thinking that there’s not much that you can do to fix this.
Fortunately, there are a few ways that you can unblur blurry photos.
In this article, I’m going to show you how to unblur an image using a few different methods – after using this, the image should come out noticeably better.
The majority of these methods will require you to use your computer, but I will show you a method you can use on your iPhone and Android.
Next time you accidentally get shaky before taking a picture, you’ll now know that there’re a few ways to make it better.
Let’s get started…
Unblur Photos with Lunapic
Lunapic is an online editing tool that allows you to adjust your photos how you like.
There’s no need to download any software because you can sharpen up your pictures on the website – all you have to do is upload the blurry photo to your PC.
- Go to lunapic > adjust > sharpen
- Click choose file and open the photo
- Drag the button to the right to sharpen it
- The more to the right you drag it, the less blurry it’ll appear
Unblur Photos with Photoshop
Photoshop is one of the best tools you can use to edit photos which means that it can do a good job when it comes to making your pictures less blurry.
There are several tools that you can use in Photoshop to sharpen the image so I’ll show you 3 different methods.
- Open Photoshop
- Click on Filter > sharpen > Shake Reduction
- Wait for Photoshop to unblur the photo
- Open Photoshop
- Duplicate the background layer and choose that layer
- Click on Filter > Other > High Pass and set it to 10%
- Set the blend mode to hard light
- Adjust the opacity until the photo isn’t blurry
- Open the image in Photoshop Elements
- In the Filters menu, click on Enhance
- Click on Unsharp Mark
- Change the amount and radius until you’re satisfied
Make sure that you try all 3 methods to see which one made your photo look the best.
If you don’t have photoshop, you can use the method below.
Unblur Photos with GIMP
If you’re not satisfied with the methods above, you can use another editing tool called GIMP.
GIMP is a free tool that you can download on your PC and it can unblur your photos just like the tools above.
- Open GIMP and open the photo
- In the Toolbox, Select Blur/sharpen
- Chose Sharpen and drag over the photo to sharpen
- You can also tap a section of the image to sharpen it
After doing this, you should notice that the image is no longer blurry.
If you don’t want to download any software, you can use an online tool down below.
Unblur photo with Pintools
Another way you can fix your blurry photo is by using a free online tool called pinetools – this online editing software allows you to sharpen up your pictures.
- Go to Pinetools
- Click on choose file
- Choose the sharpen strength by dragging the button
- Click sharpen
After doing this, you should see a clear improvement in the photo.
With Pinetools, you can also invert colours, lighten an image, flip an image, and change the contracts – this will help your photo look even better than the original.
Unblur Photo with Snapseed (iPhone & Android)
If you have an iPhone or Android device and you don’t want to bother picking up your laptop just to unblur your photo, you can download a free app in the App Store and Play store called Snapseed.
Using this app on your photo means that you can quickly unblur multiple photos.
- Open Snapseed and upload the blurry photo
- Selects Details
- Select sharpen then unblur
- After unblurring, chose Structure > show more detail
This app is great because you have 2 options you can use to unblur a picture and using both of these options together gives the picture a better quality.
The sharpen tool gets rid of the blur and the Structure tool adds detail to the photo.
Using Lunapic is the best way to unblur your photo because it’s very fast and it provides you with quick results.
If you liked this article, share it and subscribe to the email newsletter.
You can also comment down below which tool you thought did the job the best.