The virtual assistant Siri, part of Apple’s iOS, like any reliable friend, is the go to option, when you want to get things done in a fast and efficient way on your Apple device. For example, Siri can make calls or send text messages almost instantaneously, even when you’re driving. Often, Siri offers assistance even before you ask by offering proactive suggestions based on your phone usage. Though helpful, this can sometimes become bothersome. Luckily, it’s quite simple to tweak your settings, and turn off Siri App Suggestions.
Siri App Suggestions work by analyzing how you use your phone, taking note of when you perform a specific search on your device, if you regularly visit a certain app, when you arrive to a new location, etc. Using this knowledge, Siri tailor’s suggestions based on your phone usage. All this is done locally on your personal device, thereby maintaining privacy. Nonetheless, if you wish to turn off Siri App Suggestions, follow the instructions below,
1. Go into the Settings application on your iPhone. This application is usually on the Home page and has a grey background with a gear icon.
2. Scroll down and tap Siri and Search.
3. Scroll down until you see the Siri Suggestions heading. Below this, there will be three toggle options labeled Suggestions in Search, Suggestions in Look Up, and Suggestions on Lock Screen. Note: Depending on your version of iOS all three of these toggle options may not be available.
4. Using the toggle buttons, turn off all three options in order to disable Siri App Suggestions. The green color on the toggle options should disappear.
Though you have disabled Siri App Suggestions, you may still notice such suggestions on your Today View screen. If you wish to remove Siri App Suggestions from your Today View screen as well, follow the instructions below,
5. When on the Home screen of your device, swipe right in order to reach the Today View screen. There you will note Siri App Suggestions.
6. Scroll all the way down. You will see a circular Edit button. Press this button.
7. You will see a list of widgets. Locate Siri App Suggestions. Towards the left of these widgets, there are circular red minus signs.
8. Tap the red minus sign next to Siri App Suggestions. On the right, a Remove button will appear. Press the Remove button.
9. Press Done in the upper right corner of your screen.
You have now completely disabled Siri App Suggestions.