iPhone users spend a lot of money to get their hands on an incredible gadget. They store a lot of pictures, messages, and other data on it. Therefore, losing an iPhone isn’t just a money loss, but in fact, it is the data and content that worries them the most. Fortunately, iCloud services not only let you store a backup of your data, but it also helps in tracking your phone in case of any misfortunate event.
iCloud is the primitive option to find a lost iPhone as you can easily access your phone through iCloud on a laptop or a PC. However, the real worry kicks in when you are unable to track your iPhone via the iCloud. Whatever the reason be for that issue, there are always alternative ways to track down your iPhone. Here are some of the methods that can be really helpful in tracking down the iPhone if iCloud fails.
Find iPhone App:
All iPhones come pre-installed with an app called Find iPhone. Additionally, if you have deleted it mistakenly or intentionally then you can download it again from the App Store. So, if you have lost your iPhone; got mugged or forgot it somewhere then this app can come to your rescue. Use a family/friends iPhone to locate your phone and all it requires is that you had Location Services enabled on it. Here is what you need to do:
1. Launch the app Find iPhone on friend/family’ phone. It is a Green Circle-like icon.
2. Now enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
3. Now tap on your missing iPhone from the list of all devices that you own.
4. You will be able to locate your iPhone on the map. You can play sounds on it (if it’s nearby) so you can follow the tone.
5. You can also erase all the data from the iPhone if it is irretrievable.
Find my Friends:
This method is a bit tricky, but useful. Much like Find iPhone, this app can also help you in tracking the iPhone if iCloud fails to do so. The tricky part, however, is that you must add friends on this app and therefore, you will need to send them a request. They need to accept it as it is the only way you can locate your iPhone via this app. Here is how it works:
1. Launch Find My Friends’ app on your friends’ iPhone and tap on the Contact icon at the bottom of the app’ interface.
2. You will be able to locate the friend’ (which in this case would be your iPhone) location on the iPhone.
3. For this app to work, your iPhone’ feature Share my Location should be toggled on. Otherwise, your iPhone’ location won’t appear on your friend’ iPhone.
This understandably is a tricky method but what matter is that it delivers for the purpose if the settings are adjusted accordingly.
Almost 80% percent of the iPhone users have Google account on their iPhones. So, if you have lost your iPhone but you have had enabled location history on Google maps, then Google has got you covered. Google, as you may be aware, has this feature which records the location history of devices connected to it. Therefore, Google can be helpful to find the active or last location of a missing or stolen iPhone. Here is what you will need to do.
1. Open Google on a web browser from any device.
2. Provide your login credentials to sign in.
3. Now, Click on the option Today on the homepage. It will display the entire location history for the current date. You will be able to track your iPhone from here.
International Mobile Equipment Identity, commonly known as IMEI, is a great option for locating missing devices. It is unique and unchangeable and therefore, if you have your IMEI then you can register your iPhone on websites that accommodate the service of missing phones. What they do is that they will take your IMEI and use it to locate your iPhone.
If they are unable to find it instantly, then you will have to register your details like email ID or a phone number. They will contact you as soon as they find your iPhone. http://missingphones.org is one of the reputable websites that can come handy but there are a few other reliable websites too. They may charge you a fee for service charges.
Many third-party apps can be assistive in this case. You can choose from many apps but mSpy is one of the top apps that can help you in locating iPhones. It can also help you track data and location on your iPhone. The only downside is that you will have to buy a subscription, but it is worth it given the situation you are in already.
1. First, you will have to visit the mSpy website to buy subscription and create an account.
2. You will receive a link by mSpy in your email account through which you registered.
3. Click on that link; it will take you to the mSpy control panel.
4. Install mSpy on the target iPhone and start monitoring.
5. You will get to monitor every little detail regarding the iPhone by logging in to your mSpy control panel.
Of course, this method is one that you need to take before any mishap happens but it is a great third-party app that can rescue the situation if iCloud fails.
So, these are some of the methods that can assist you to track your iPhone without iCloud. Your first preference should be tracking iPhone via iCloud (troubleshoot if you can) but if it doesn’t help the cause, refer to any of the techniques mentioned above.