You’re sick of seeing AVG notifications popping up on your screen every second.
These notifications are on bottom left of my screen telling you about threats in my system but even after you fix them, you still see these pop-ups.
Delete AVG Popup Folders
- Right-click on AVG icon in taskbar
- Select Temporarily Disable AVG Protection and agree to the default timeout
- Open File Explorer
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG201x\ for 64bit systems or C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG201x\ for 34-bit systems
- Delete the folders: Banners, Awacs, and Tuneup
- Close File Explorer
- Right-click on the AVG icon and enable AVG Protection
- You should no longer see AVG popups
If you don’t know if you’re using a 32-bit or a 64-bit PC, you can always check in the control panel.
Stop AVG Popups with Command Promt
If the method above didn’t work, you should try and eradicate the popups with commands.
Commands are different codes that perform tasks on your PC– these codes will tell your PC to stop the notifications from popping up.
- Hold Windows key + R to open Run
- Type cmd.exe to open Command Prompt
- Enter the following 17 commands and click the Enter key after each one
Disable the Services:
- SC CONFIG “avgsvc” START=disabled
- SC CONFIG “avgwd” START=disabled
- SC CONFIG “avgAMPS” START=disabled
- SC CONFIG “AVGIDSAgent” START=disabled
Stop the Services:
- SC STOP “avgsvc”
- SC STOP “avgwd”
- SC STOP “avgAMPS”
- SC STOP “AVGIDSAgent”
Stop the AVG Processes:
- TASKKILL /F /IM avgemca.exe /T
- TASKKILL /F /IM avgidsagent.exe /T
- TASKKILL /F /IM avgnsa.exe /T
- TASKKILL /F /IM avgrsa.exe /T
- TASKKILL /F /IM avgcsrva.exe /T
- TASKKILL /F /IM avgui.exe /T
- TASKKILL /F /IM avgsvca.exe /T
- TASKKILL /F /IM avguix.exe /T
- TASKKILL /F /IM avgwdsvca.exe /T
After running all of these commands, you should no longer see any pop-ups by AVG.