Why Is Snapchat Flash Not Working?
1. Your Flash Isn’t On
If you are out having a good time with your friends or family, when you take out your phone to capture a “Snap” worthy moment, and you notice the flash is not on, it will begin to register in your cerebellum that maybe your flash is not on or enabled.
So, you may want to take a tiny peek into your Snapchat settings to ensure the feature is enabled. And once the flash is turned on, you may have just resolved the issue.
Fix – Turn On Your Flash
To turn on your flash for your Snapchat, you will proceed with the following steps:
1. First, you must open your Snapchat app.
2. Once the app is open, navigate to your profile picture, tap on it, and select Settings (which will be indicated with a gear icon)
3. From there, scroll and select Additional Services and then tap on the Manage option.
4. Finally, ensure to check the Front-Facing Camera to switch the feature on.
And just like that, your flash is turned on.
2. There’s An Issue With Your Device
Typically, when there is an internal or external issue with your device, you may have to do some readjusting to get everything back working, especially if you are using your favorite apps.
Consumers fail to realize that there are issues that can contribute to internal app complications that may occur.
Although this may sound complicated to resolve, rest assured, these types of issues are easy to kick out of the way. Sometimes, the best way for you to resolve any internal issues with your device, you can perform a force restart on your device.
Fix – Force Restart Your Device
When you perform a force restart, you are manually turning the device off directly.
To perform a force restart correctly, you will press and hold the power button on your Android or iPhone iOS device until it powers off.
After the device is powered off, wait approximately 30 seconds to a minute before powering the device back on.
After the device is powered back on, attempt to sign into your Snapchat account and see if your flash will start back working.
Performing a force restart on your device will flush out any internal overload of current that is flowing through your device.
And once the current is flushed out, you will be able to proceed with using the device free of technical interruptions as well as a free flow of full function with your Snapchat app.
The features that stem from your Snapchat app are just like the features that are internally connected to your device.
For example, if you notice your flashlight, camera, or the flash FOR your camera isn’t working properly, there are methods of resolution you can utilize to get those features back working again.
Sometimes, you might have to update the device you are using or perform a force restart on the device simply.
3. There’s A Bug
Bugs are weird little things. Yes, we are talking about technical bugs. Having a tech bug is just the worst. Whenever there is a bug with the app you are using, this can slow down the flow of the app and its features.
Usually, when this happens, you can get rid of the issue with simple troubleshooting steps that you can perform on your own.
Some of those steps include clearing the cache storage, updating the app to the latest version, reinstalling the application on your device, contacting support for further inquiry, or waiting for the developers to release a resolution to fix the problem.
How this issue proceeds itself, there are awesome methods available for you to exterminate these rowdy little tech critters once and for all! Let’s start with the first alternative, shall we?
Fix – Clear Your Cache to Get Rid of Snapchat Bugs
Having severe cache backup can cause the functionality of your app to slow down. Also, this could be the cause of why your flash is not working properly on Snapchat. So, you may want to consider clearing your cache storage.
Cache storage can build faster than you think. Most people tend to forget about cache storage, especially when the app they are using isn’t working correctly.
To clear your Snapchat cache on your Android device, you must:
1. Launch the Snapchat app.
2. Tap on your bitmoji located in the upper-left to access your profile.
3. Press on the cog wheel in the upper right to access settings.
4. Look for Clear Cache under Account Actions, then tap on it.
5. Tap continue on your Android device to clear the cache for Snapchat.
For users that are using an iPhone or iOS device, to clear your Snapchat cache, you must:
1. Open the Snapchat app on your device.
2. Next, tap on the gear icon and the profile screen to open the Settings page.
3. On the Snapchat settings screen, swipe down and tap on the clear cache option.
After your cache is cleared on your Android or iOS device, relaunch the application.
As it was mentioned, cache storage is something that can sneak up on you when you least expect it. So, be sure to perform a routine cleanse of your cache once in a while to keep any issues from interrupting the usage and flow of your app and its features.
Fix 2 – Log Out, Then Back In
One way to resolve this issue is to log out of your Snapchat app and log back in.
To log out on your device, you must:
1. Launch the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Once the homepage opens, look for your Snapchat profile icon in the top left corner. -Tap on it to navigate to the profile page.
3. Under the profile tab, check for the Settings located in the top right corner—select settings for more options.
4. In Settings, you can find various options to make changes to your Snapchat profile, such as Username, Date of Birth, Phone Number, etc.
5. Scroll down to locate Account Action. From here, you can see Log Out at the bottom of the options.
6. Tap on the Log Out tab to log out of the Snapchat account on your device.
To log out on a PC, you must:
1. Open a dependable web browser, and visit Snapchat’s website.
2. Next, go to Show More Options.
3. Finally, click on the Log Out tab.
Once you are logged out of your account, sign back in with your Snapchat credentials. Once you’re signed back in, attempt to see if the flash for Snapchat will start back working again.
If the flash is back up and running, then the issue is resolved. If you are continuously experiencing an issue with seeing your flash, proceed to the next method of resolution.
Fix 3 – Update Snapchat to Get Rid Of Bugs
Updates are always a critical part of an app’s functionality. Sometimes, it is essential to consider that your application needs to be updated in order to perform properly.
If your app is out of date on your personal device, it may not work properly. So, you may want to consider checking for an update to ensure 100% productivity of the app’s functionality.
If you are using an Android, to update your Snapchat app, you must:
1. Google Play Store on your device.
2. Once the Play Store is open, tap the profile icon in the top right corner.
3. Tap on Manage Apps and Device.
4. Tap updates available.
5. If there is an update available for Snapchat, the update button will appear next to it.
6. Tap on the update button to update the app.
For consumers that are using an iOS device, to update your Snapchat, you must:
1. Open the app store.
2. Tap on your account icon in the top right corner.
3. If you have any available updates, the updates will show up underneath the Personalized Recommendations button and above the list of apps that have been updated recently.
4. Find Snapchat, then tap the update button next to the app name if there is an update available to install.
Once the update is finalized for your Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device, relaunch the application again. Once Snapchat is launched, attempt to use Snapchat flash.
Remember, updates are highly critical for an application on your device. Updates are your best friend, not your enemy.
Fix 4 – Contact Snapchat Support
After all troubleshooting methods have been tested through trial and error and there is still no progress with your Snapchat group messages appearing, your next option would be to contact Snapchat support directly for further resolution.
To contact Snapchat support, log in to your Snapchat account and navigate to your settings to find the Snapchat support window. Once you are on the Snapchat support window, click on the Contact Us option.
From here, you will be able to type in your issue in the search bar to be redirected to resourceful articles to resolve the issue.
To contact support via your Snapchat app, you must:
1. Open your Snapchat app.
2. Tap on the gear icon to open your settings.
3. Scroll down until you see the “I Need Help” section.
4. From there, click the Said option, and you’ll be taken to a new screen.
5. If you have an older version, you need to look for the More Options section and tap Support.
6. From here, you will be able to reach out to Snapchat support for further inquiries on the issue that you are experiencing.
When you reach out to support, you are taking the issue out of your hands and placing it in the palms of someone who is possibly familiar with the problem.
Fix 5 – Wait For Them To Come Out With A Fix
Typically, when there is an ongoing issue with the app’s functionality, the developers would send out a notification via email stating that the issue is being resolved and they are working to resolve the problem as quickly and as soon as they can.
Following this statement, the developers will most likely send a list of troubleshooting methods to adhere to. The steps that are sent from the developer to resolve the issue are steps that should be followed accordingly.
So, if you get an email notification from Snapchat developers stating that the issue is being resolved and to try troubleshooting methods to fix the issue on your own, it would be best to follow through with that email.
4. Snapchat Is Down
Snapchat, just like other essential media platforms, is connected to a server. If there is an internal problem pertaining to the server, this may cause an outage for the application and its features.
Whenever there is an outage, or the server is down, many Snapchat consumers will automatically think it’s the end of the technological world.
When the app’s server crashes, consumers of the application will not be able to send messages or receive messages from followers and people that they are following, status and post updates will not be able to refresh in a timely manner, nor will you be able to make any changes to your account.
All of these occurrences might make you want to scream to the rooftops, especially if you are a constant user of Snapchat.
However, the interesting aspect about servers crashing for applications is that the apps do not stay down for long periods of time. In other words, you might have no other option but to wait for Snapchat to come back up.
Fix – Wait For Snapchat To Go Back Up
To get a notification that an app is down will cause you to throw the world’s biggest fit. If the server for an app is down, there is little that we do to resolve the issue.
When an application or website isn’t working as it should, such as Snapchat, it is possibly due to the server for that app or website currently being down.
This can make users give up on using the app. So, the only option to accept is to wait for the server of the app to come back up.
It’s prevalent for internal issues to come about, even for applications such as Snapchat.
In that case, the app or site developers will notify consumers via email (or text message if applicable), letting them know there is an ongoing issue and that they are working hard to resolve it. So, don’t give up and fret over the server is down.
Also, another thing to consider going forward is that there is no set time frame or deadline for how long the server may be down.
Typically, when there is an extended or short time frame for an application to be down, many consumers find themselves wondering how they can pass the time.
Well, there are a few suggestions that you can follow through with to pass the time while you’re waiting for the app to come back up.
While you’re waiting for the app to come back up, you can reach out to other consumers you may follow or consumers who follow you to see if they are experiencing the same issue.
Sometimes, if you are curious about why a certain issue is happening, there is never any harm in getting another perspective from another person.
If that person is going through the same complication, they may be able to provide you with some essential tips and tricks they have tried on their own.
And whatever tips and tricks are provided to you by the other person, you can attempt those methods to see if there is any change in your situation.