Not everyone on Tinder is looking for the same thing. Some users are looking for a long-term relationship, some are looking for a casual fling, and some are looking for something in between. To help users find compatible matches who share their intentions and expectations, Tinder has recently introduced a new feature called Relationship Goals.
Relationship Goals is a feature that allows users to display their dating goals on their profile, using one of six options: Long-term, Long-term but open to short, Short-term but open to long, Short-term fun, New friends, or Still figuring it out. Each option is represented by an emoji, such as a heart, a fire, or a question mark. To learn more about Relationship Goals on Tinder, check out this article I did earlier.
What Does Short Term Fun Mean On Tinder
One of the most intriguing Relationship Goals options is Short-term fun, which is represented by a fire emoji. This option means that the user is looking for a casual or sexual relationship that does not last long or involve commitment. Users who choose this option may also be open to long-term relationships, but they are not actively or even passively seeking them.
What Are The Benefits Of Choosing Short-term Fun?
Choosing Short-term fun as your relationship goal has some benefits, such as:
- You can be honest and transparent about what you want, and avoid misleading or disappointing others who are looking for something more serious.
- You can filter your potential matches based on their relationship goals, and see who else is looking for short-term fun.
- You can have fun and enjoy the excitement of meeting new people, without the pressure or expectations of a long-term relationship.
- You can explore your sexuality and preferences, and learn more about yourself and what you like.
- You can keep your options open and be flexible, and change your relationship goal whenever you want.
What Are The Drawbacks Of Choosing Short-term Fun?
Choosing Short-term fun as your relationship goal also has some drawbacks, such as:
- You may limit your chances of finding a long-term partner, if that is something you eventually want.
- You may encounter people who are dishonest or disrespectful, and who may not treat you well or value you as a person.
- You may face stigma or judgment from others who may not approve of your lifestyle or choices.
- You may experience emotional or physical risks, such as attachment, jealousy, loneliness, or sexually transmitted infections.
- You may miss out on the benefits of a long-term relationship, such as intimacy, trust, support, and growth.
How To Use Short-term Fun Safely And Respectfully?
If you decide to choose Short-term fun as your relationship goal, you should follow some tips to use it safely and respectfully, such as:
- Be clear and consistent about your intentions and boundaries, and communicate them with your matches and partners.
- Respect the intentions and boundaries of others, and do not pressure or manipulate them into doing something they do not want to do.
- Use protection and get tested regularly, and be honest about your sexual health and history.
- Be kind and courteous, and treat your matches and partners with dignity and care.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself, but do not forget to take care of yourself and your well-being.
Short-term fun is one of the relationship goals that users can display on their Tinder profile. It means that the user is looking for a casual or sexual relationship that does not last long or involve commitment.
Users who choose this option may also be open to long-term relationships, but they are not actively seeking them.
Short-term fun has its benefits and drawbacks, and users should use it with caution and honesty.
You should also keep in mind that using the Short-Term Fun option does not guarantee success with a match. You may still have to put in some effort to get them to agree to meet and pursue your stated mutual intentions.