There are many of us who have connected with someone on social media that we really like and sent them a message out of courage.
However, after that message was sent, you noticed that the other person was active on their profile but not responding to your message.
For the ones who have been wondering why this happens, there are some handy dandy tips to consider for why this type of occurrence is taking place.
Sometimes, there could be a technical error, and other times, the error might be you. Let’s check out this information for you to decipher.
Why Is She Active on Instagram But Not Replying?
1. Your Message Didn’t Have A Question
Sometimes, to start off a great conversation with someone on Instagram is to ask a question when sending a message. Asking a question is considered to be an icebreaker to start the communication process on a smoother note.
Fix 1 – Ask Them A Question
If you are experiencing a delay in a message being sent back to you, you may have to ask a question in order for the message to be received correctly, and a rebuttal will be in order.
You will get a quicker and more intriguing response than sending a vague statement when you send a question.
Some people may not respond well to messages that may come off as too straightforward or messages that don’t have enough intrigue.
Although getting to the point in your message is vital, it is also crucial to warm up the conversation before getting to direct statements.
And although asking a question is simple, be mindful of the type of questions you ask them.
If you are looking for a response to your message, step outside the box with the question you ask rather than the typical “How are you?” or “WYD”. Ask a question that would spark a great conversation between you and the other person.
It is essential to ensure the question you ask will lead to a conversation with a steady flow. So, once again, you may want to consider asking a question instead.
2. Your Message Was Too Long
Many people can get carried away when sending their messages. This essentially goes for individuals who tend to overrate their messages, which means that the message they sent was extremely long.
You have to see online communication just as you view meeting with someone in person to chat. If you are connecting with someone in person and starting a conversation, you want to make sure you are pacing yourself and not asking a million questions in one breath.
If your message is too long, either it was too long for the system of the app to send, or the person that received the message decided not to read it because they saw it was too long.
These are two factors that would have to be considered if you have a delay in responses to the messages you have previously sent. So, you may have to crop a few words out of your petition.
3. You Didn’t Put Effort Into Your Message
Sending a short message saying “What’s up?”, “What are you up to?” or simply saying “Hi” can be annoying for the person you are sending the message to.
Even a simple “How are you?” may not make the cut for the list of people that person has to respond to. So, you might not be one of those people, unfortunately.
If you don’t put effort into your messages, the other person will definitely notice. If you send a vague message, they will interpret your message the way you would communicate in person.
You want to ensure your message has an impact and a lasting impression in a good way.
So, if you really want to connect, put some thought into the words before you send them. In other words, think of what you are saying before you say it. Better yet, think of what you are texting before you text it.
4. They’re Just Not Feeling You
No one ever wants to hear that someone is not feeling them in any way.
If you send a message and have been waiting for a reply for a very long time if the problem was not the message you sent or the length of the message, it could be that person is just not that into you at the moment, or not at all.
If you have an intuitive feeling that someone is not that into you, this is something that many people tend to struggle with. But that is perfectly okay. There are many other people that you can connect with.
When you give someone your Instagram information after meeting them, everyone has a type they go for. And everyone can be meticulous about what’s their cup of tea.
Being silently rejected is an extreme eye-opener. This will allow you to change directions on your approach and the people you are connecting with.
And if you are silently rejected, it would be better to move on to the next person to connect with rather than waiting for the “it’s not you, it’s me” conversation.
This can go for people you have exchanged your Instagram information with for dating purposes or just meeting new friends.
5. Your Message Came on Too Strong
Sometimes, if you haven’t received a reply, your message may have come on too intense. This is also considered to be a turnoff for most people. And some people may consider this to be a little “weird” and might end communication with you.
This even goes for people you have been talking to for a long time using this app. And people you have been messaging for a while, this can catch them off guard and have them second-guessing their connection with you.
If the message you sent gives the notion that you want to get married in 24 hours or dump all of your issues on one person (to someone you either know or don’t know that well), the other person will see this as a wrong impression.
Or, some people may see this as, once again, “weird”.
Messages that come off too strong too soon or randomly out of nowhere are a quick way to run the other person for the hills. So, before you send a message, be sure to analyze it to ensure it’s not giving the impression.
6. Instagram Is Down
Fix 1 – Wait For Instagram To Go Back Up
To get a notification that an app is down will cause you to throw the world’s biggest fit. If the server for an app is down, there is little that we do to resolve the issue.
When an application or website isn’t working as it should, such as Instagram, it is possibly due to the server for that app or website currently being down. This can make users give up on using the app.
So, the only option to accept is to wait for the server of the app to come back up.
It’s prevalent for internal issues to come about, even for applications such as Instagram.
In that case, the app developers will notify consumers via email (or text message if applicable), letting them know there is an ongoing issue and that they are working hard to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
So, don’t give up and fret over the server is down. In the meantime, if you have connected with your crush on other social messaging platforms, you can connect with them from those other platforms if you wish.
7. There’s A Bug
Bugs are weird little things. Yes, we are talking about technical bugs. Having a tech bug is just the worse. Whenever there is a bug with the app you are using, this can slow down the flow of the app and its features.
Usually, when this happens, you can get rid of the issue with simple troubleshooting steps that you can perform on your own.
Some of those steps include clearing the cache storage, updating the app to the latest version, reinstalling the application on your device, contacting support for further inquiry, or waiting for the developers to release a resolution to fix the problem.
Fix 1 – Restart Instagram
To restart the app, you will proceed with the following steps:
1. If you are using an Android device, open your device settings.
2. In the settings, open the Apps and Notifications tab.
3. In your Apps and Notifications, search for the Instagram application.
4. After you have found the app, tap on it to open its’ properties.
5. From here, you will see the option to Force Close. Tap on Force Close to close the app.
6. After the app is forced close, reopen the app from the same window on your device or go back to your apps drawer and relaunch the Instagram application.
On your iPhone/iOS device, you will follow through with the following steps:
1. First, open your device settings and navigate to the apps.
2. Next, locate the Instagram application and tap on the Force Close option.
3. After the app has been forced closed, reopen the Instagram application.
4. And that’s all there is to it!
Fix 2 – Restart Your Device
If you want to try to restart your device, Android users can restart the device by doing the following:
First, you will press and hold the power button and volume up button simultaneously.
From here, a small menu bar would drop down from the top of your screen with actions you can proceed with. Those actions will be to power off your device, make an emergency call, or restart.
Tap on the action to restart your device.
If you are using an iPhone / iOS device, you can restart your device by doing the following:
1. First, press and hold down the side button on your iPhone until the power off slider pops up on your screen.
1. From here, you will slide to switch the device off. After switching the device off, it will take approximately 30 seconds for the phone to power completely off.
Also, you can perform a Force Restart on your device to cover all basis. When you perform a force restart, you are manually turning the device off directly.
To perform a force restart correctly, you will press and hold the power button on your Android or iPhone iOS device until it powers off.
After the device is powered off, wait approximately 30 seconds to a minute before powering the device back on.
Fix 3 – Log Out, Then Back In
To log out of your account, you must:
1. Tap the back arrow to go back to the previous screen. The back arrow should redirect you to your feeds.
2. From there, you tap your profile icon in the screen’s bottom right corner.
3. Next, tap on the three horizontal lines in the screen’s top right corner. There will be various options that will appear. One of the options would be settings. You will tap on the Settings option.
4. After tapping on the Settings option, scroll down until you see the tab that says log out.
5. Once you tap the log-out option, you can successfully log out of your Instagram account.
After taking the proper procedure to log out successfully, you will log back into the account from the Instagram login screen.
Fix 4 – Clear Your Cache to Get Rid of Instagram Bugs
To clear out your cache, you must do the following:
If you are using an Android device:
1. Go into your device settings and to apps.
2. Once your app’s window is open, locate the Instagram application.
3. Open the settings; you will see options to force close, clear data, and clear cache.
4. You will select the option to clear the cache.
5. To be safe, once your cache is removed, it would be best to force close the app if the application was previously opened.
6. After the cache is cleared and the app is forced closed, reopen the app, navigate to your message threads, and see if the replies will appear.
Fix 5 – Update Instagram to Get Rid Of Bugs
If nothing else has worked, there is likely a bug, and an update is available for your Instagram app. Performing an update on the Instagram app allows the application to flow with proper functionality without issues.
To update your Instagram app, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Open your app store.
2. Tap these search icons and search for the Instagram app.
3. Once you have located the Instagram app, it will show the application is installed. Once the application is installed, you will also be able to see if an update is available.
4. If you see a button that says update next to the title Instagram, go ahead and tap the update button, and the application will immediately update.
5. Once the Instagram app has officially updated, you can attempt to log back in if you have logged out and attempt to view a profile from someone in your Followers list.
6. Performing an update is a simple system reboot of the app. This will remove any bugs or internal issues with the application.
Fix 6 – Wait For Them To Come Out With A Fix
If you have an active email account set up for your Instagram, Instagram now sends notifications to users via email. These can be newsletters, app advertisements for Instagram, or announcements of ongoing issues with the app that now has resolutions.
So, if all else fails and there is nothing else further to do to resolve the issue, some consumers would prefer the latter. Sometimes, it could be because Instagram may be releasing an upcoming update.
Typically for some apps, when there is an upcoming update for its system, some of the functionalities for that application may not be working. Most likely, in this case, Instagram will notify its consumers via email. So be on the lookout and remain on standby!
Fix 7 – Contact Instagram Support
The following resolution process would be to contact Instagram support directly and notify support of the issue you are experiencing.
Instagram has a feature to report a problem. To locate the Report A Problem section, if your Instagram app is already open, tap on the three lines in the screen’s top right-hand corner.
This will bring up a few options. One of those options would be settings. Tap on the Settings option and scroll down until you see the option to report a problem. Some users will have it set up to that they can report a problem by shaking their device.
If that feature is activated, you can shake your device, and a screen will appear with a screenshot of your current screen on your device and a section for you to start typing the issue you wish to report.
You can also do this without shaking your device by tapping the Report Without Shaking Device option.
However, if you don’t want to take that route, you can contact Instagram support at 650-543-4800 or via email. Although likely, you won’t receive a quick response right away.
So, if you don’t receive an immediate response by the contact phone number or email, definitely attempt the Report A Problem option.
Reaching out to support will take the issue off your shoulders and provide further guidance on what’s going on. When you reach out to support, you may have a full understanding of what is causing the issue and additional assistance with fixing the problem.
8. Poor Internet Connection
If you encounter any aggravating issues, such as trying to connect with someone you feel has deactivated their Instagram account, it is also always essential to check your internet connection.
Fix 1 – Turn Your WI-FI Off Then On
If you’re connected to a Wi-Fi signal, you might need to disconnect from your Wi-Fi signal and reconnect again.
If you are using an Android, to disconnect from your Wi-Fi signal, you must:
1. On your home screen, take your finger, scroll from the top, and pull down until you see a button bar at the top.
2. You will see buttons for your internet connection, data connection, Bluetooth connection, flashlight, rotation, etc.
3. If you are connected to Wi-Fi, the button for the Wi-Fi connection will be highlighted in a particular color showing that you are connected.
4. The Wi-Fi connection would be named or titled.
5. Tap on the Wi-Fi connection, and the button will no longer be highlighted. Once the highlight disappears, that is a sign that you are not connected to Wi-Fi.
6. Leave the connection off for about 3 to 5 minutes.
7. After 3 to 5 minutes have passed, tap the Wi-Fi button again so the button will highlight again, showing that you are now connected to the Wi-Fi signal.
If you are using an iOS device, to turn off your Wi-Fi connection, you must:
1. From your home screen, go to settings and then tap Wi-Fi.
2. If your Wi-Fi is turned on, tap it to disconnect the signal.
3. The Wi-Fi network would be named in your Wi-Fi settings.
4. Follow the same protocol for waiting 3 to 5 minutes before reconnecting the Wi-Fi signal and then reconnecting the signal once more.
Fix 2 – Switch from WI-FI to Data
If you are using Wi-Fi and you notice your Wi-Fi signal is the issue, you may want to switch your Wi-Fi connection off and use your data instead.
To use your data on your Android device:
1. Drag your finger from the top of your screen to the bottom.
2. Next, you will see your Wi-Fi connection highlighted.
3. If the signal is highlighted, tap it to switch the Wi-Fi signal off and turn on your data connection.
4. After your data is on, log back into your Instagram account, and attempt to navigate the app, and see if there are any pop-up errors that will appear pertaining to your internet connection.
To switch from Wi-Fi to data on your iPhone / iOS device, you will perform these steps:
1. First, you will navigate to your settings app.
2. From here, tap on cellular and then select cellular data.
You will have the option to turn the data on or off for any application that you are using on your iPhone.
And if you are using your data connection on your Android or iPhone / iOS, you will perform these same steps.
But this time, you will switch your data off and turn on your Wi-Fi. Doing this will allow you to rule out whether your Wi-Fi or your data connection is the problem for why you are having a bad internet connection when using Instagram.
If there are further issues with your data connection, you may want to reach out to your cellular provider for the inquiry.
And if you are experiencing any technical issues with your Wi-Fi connection, you may want to contact your internet service provider for further inquiry.
Instagram is a great platform to meet and connect with available singles who are looking to mingle.
Although this platform is amazing for you to meet new people, what if you encounter a situation where you send a message to a crush, but your crush is not responding back to you even though they are active on their profile?
Well, before you become overwhelmed, there are some essential factors that you would need to consider for why something like this is happening.
As it was mentioned at the beginning of this article, sometimes, the issue is technical, and at other times, the issue is possibly you.
To weigh out the pros and cons of the situation, you might have to send them a question to spark a great conversation.
If not, you may have to readjust your message so that it’s not too long or overbearing. And if they still aren’t responding to you, you may have to consider the fact they may not be into you.
And as for technical difficulties that might arise, you have awesome alternatives to resort to for isolating the problem. So, after reading this guide, what do YOU think is going on here?