Snapchat is a social media app that allows users to post videos, send text messages, and apply filters to pictures that they can post. The messages that users send disappear after a set amount of time, so this is why Snapchat is appealing to its users.
For most of the social media apps, there are usernames that the users create when they first make their account and they can search for their friends using it. However, Snapchat gets around this by giving each user a unique Snapcode that they can scan to add that friend to their friends list. Below, you will find the steps that you need to take to share your Snapcode.
1. Launch the Snapchat app. The app icon resembles a white ghost against a yellow background. If you can’t find the app on your home screen, you can swipe up on an empty part of your screen to reveal a search bar at the top of the screen. Here you can type the name of the app in and it will locate in your phone.
2. The app will open to the camera screen where you can take photos and videos. In the upper left corner of the screen is a small circle where you will see your recent Snap Story or your Bitmoji. Tap that circle.
3. After you tap that circle, you will be taken to a screen that displays your profile information. At the top of the screen, you will see a circle with your most recent Story in it. If you haven’t posted a Story recently, you will see a yellow square with your Bitmoji in the middle of it. This is your Snapcode.
4. If you have posted a Story recently, you will need to swipe your finger over the circle to the left so that you can display your Snapcode instead of the Story.
5. Tap on the Snapcode and a new menu with your Snapcode at the top of it will appear. You will see your username beneath the Snapcode with the options to send your username, save your Snapcode, or share your Snapcode.
6. Tap on “Share Snapcode” to reveal all of the platforms on your phone that you can use to share your Snapcode. Scroll through all of them and select one of them.
7. You will now be taken to that platform. You need to select which of the contacts you want to share it with. Press the button on that platform that you need to send this Snapcode.
Your contact will receive a Snapcode image that can save and scan in their Snapchat app.