Letgo is a popular app that millions of people use to buy and sell their items to people in their community. It is less popular than Craigslist or Ebay, but if your cleaning out your closet or emptying your garage, it’s perfect for your gently used items.
Whether you’re getting rid of a beautiful prom dress that you only wore once or selling a lawnmower that’s still in working condition, Letgo is a great place to get rid of the items that you no longer use.
What’s better than getting rid of something and freeing up space in your house while making money? Selling on Letgo is as easy as taking a picture, posting a price, and waiting for your item to sell.
1. Find the item that you want to sell. Likely, if you’ve been cleaning or clearing up your storage space, you’ve already accumulated a few items that you want to get rid of.
2. Download the Letgo app. The app icon is pink and has the word “Letgo” written in cursive white text. If you have an Android, you can download the app in the Play Store and if you have iOS you can download the app in the App Store.
3. Launch the Letgo app by tapping the pink icon on your phone. You’ll have to register on the app by making a username and password. You will also have to put in your location since Letgo is aimed towards showing you what others in your community are selling.
4. You will be taken to the main page where you’ll be able to see what others in the area are selling. At the bottom of that screen, you’ll see a pink button that says “Sell your stuff” and you need to tap this button so that you can begin the process of posting your item on the app.
5. First, select the category that your product belongs in. Make sure that this is accurate so that when people are looking for products in a certain category, your item is correctly classified.
6. You need to give Letgo permission to take pictures and record video so that you can take a picture of your item. When the box appears on the screen requesting permission, you need to tap “Allow.” Now, you’ll be able to snap a picture.
7. Before you take a picture, however, you need to make sure that the item that you’re selling is in prime condition. Clean off any spots that may be visible and make sure it looks nice. It’s more likely to sell if you do this.
8. After the item is camera ready, snap a picture. Once you’ve taken one, it will take you to a screen where you can add more information about it.
9. On this screen at the top, you will be able to add more photos if you want. Tap the pink + icon in the box next to the picture that you just took to add another picture.
10. Next add a title that is clear and simple. Choose a common name so that when people search for that object, what you’re selling comes up.
11. In the next line, you can add a description. This is recommended so that your buyers no about any scratches or imperfections that are on the product. Be completely honest so that you have a good reputation as a seller.
12. Set the price next. Make the price reasonable. Price down if there are any noticeable imperfection on the product. If you want to make the product free, there is a switch that you can tap to note that.
13. Lastly, you can press the pink post button if you’ve checked everything over and you’re satisfied with the information that you’ve provided.