You’re currently logged in on Facebook, but you’ve forgotten your password and you want a way to find out your password while you’re logged in.
Seeing your Facebook password while you’re logged in is quicker than having to change or reset your Facebook password.
Facebook Password Chrome
- Go to passwords.google.com on your desktop
- Sign into your Google account to verify ownership
- Under Saved passwords, scroll down to Facebook
- Click the eye icon and the password will be revealed
This will only work if you’ve logged into Facebook on your desktop before – if you haven’t logged into Facebook and saved your password, you won’t be able to see your password.
If you needed this password to sign into the app on your iPhone or Android, this method should have worked.
Facebook Password Safari
- Open the menu in Safari
- Click Preferences > Passwords to open saved passwords
- Look for Facebook and double-click it
- Enter your Macs password to see your Facebook Password
Facebook Password Firefox
- Open Firefox and click on the Menu
- Go to Options and click on Privacy and Security on the left
- Click on Saved Logins > Show Passwords
- Click Yes and if you saved your Facebook password, it should be here
Facebook Password Internet Explorer
- Go to Internet Explorer and hold alt + X
- Click Internet options then the Content tab
- In AutoComplete, click on Settings
- Click on Manage Passwords and make sure you’re in Web Credentials
- Under Web Passwords, click the arrow next to facebook.com
- Click on Show next to Password and verify your Windows password
- Your Facebook password will be revealed
Reset Facebook Password
If you’ve forgotten your Facebook password, you’ll need to reset it.
You may be logged into Facebook somewhere else but since you couldn’t use the methods to see your passwords, you’ll need to reset it.
- Go to facebook.com and log out
- Click on Forgotten account
- Enter your email address or phone number
- Choose send code via email
- Enter code
- Change your password and log into Facebook