Snapchat is another social media networking site that’s on the rise. It may not be as popular as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, but yet it has got a significant number of users. Snapchat is a platform where friends can send each other photos, videos or can even do instant messaging.
Among all the features, Snapchat hasn’t made it easy for its users to save photos or videos; especially the ones you receive from the other person. The process of saving pictures on Snapchat is a little bit timely, but it is quite easy to understand. Have a look for yourself.
Saving Snapchats before Sending
If you desire to save photos before sending them to your friends then all you have to do is to follow this step by step guide.
1. First things first, click on the yellow bell icon to open the Snapchat
2. Snapchat automatically opens your camera as soon as you open the app.
3. Tap on your bitmoji in the upper-left corner of the screen.
4. At the upper right corner, you will see the Settings Click it and enter the Snapchat settings menu.
5. Click on the Memories option under My Account.
6. Click on the Save Button option from Memories menu.
7. Select one of the saving options.
- Select Camera Roll Only option from Save to menu if you want to save your picture to camera roll before sending it out to your friends.
- Select Memories option from Save menu if you want to create an album on Snapchat You will be able to save pictures in memories and also share them whenever you want. Choosing this option won’t save your snaps on your phone.
- Select Memories and Camera Roll if you want your snaps to be saved on both the Snapchat and your phone.
Now go back to the home menu of Snapchat. Take a picture and edit it. Now you will be able to save it by clicking the down arrow button on the bottom of the screen. You will be able to save it as per your selected option from the Save to menu.
Saving Pictures in Chats
1. Open Snapchat.
2. Snapchat initially opens the camera when you click the app. Swipe right and it will take you to the Chat page.
3. Click on the chat from where you want to save the snap.
4. Once the chat is open, click on the snap you want to save.
Remember, this one is a very tricky part. You need to remember a few important details which are as follow:
- Once you have opened a snap, you only have one to ten seconds to view it.
- You can view a snap just once. There is one free replay per day only.
- You can’t view or screenshot a snap that you have already seen.
So, once you open the snap you want to save, try to quickly screenshot it. That’s the only way you can save a snap that has been sent by other people. The screenshot you took will directly save into your phone’s gallery.
Additionally, you can’t even screenshot the snaps that have been expired. Taking a screenshot of snap on the iPhone is by pressing home and sleep/wake button together. For Android phones, press the volume down button along with the power button to take a screenshot.
Save Snaps Without People Knowing
There is no direct way of doing it on your phone. However, there are various third-party applications that can help you in doing this. For iOS, there are few screen recorders that can make high definition videos of someone’ Snapchat photos. The app then lets you separate and save pictures from the video.
The best thing about these applications is that they don’t notify the person whose Snapchat is getting filmed. The worst thing, however, is that none of these apps is free. You would have to buy them and some of them even charge you monthly or annually.
These are the few steps on how you can save photos on Snapchat. You can also move pics from your Snapchat Memories to your Camera Roll if you feel that the memories are looking too full. Just go to the Snapchat Memories, click on the photo, you will then see a blue arrow pointing down in a box, click it and your photo is saved to Camera Roll.