The PDF format has become quite dominant over the last couple of years. It hasn’t yet whitewashed the other formats but it will likely replace all of them quite soon. Most of the professional dealing would be done in PDF format. For that very reason, iPhone users who use their phone for professional purposes must know how to download a PDF file on their iPhone.
Saving PDF from a Website:
1. Launch the Safari browser on your iPhone.
2. Now open the PDF file which you wish to view or safe.
3. On Safari browser, you will be able to locate the option Share on the bottom of your screen. the icon is like a pointed arrow in a square box. Tap on it.
4. Now, a pop-up menu will appear on the screen. On this menu bar, you will be able to see many different options. For the PDF file to be saved, you will see options like Save to Files, Copy to Drive, Copy to Books, etc.
5. Now if you just want to save PDF file on your iPhone (you can later copy it to any other app/feature), simply tap the option Save to Files. If you desire to copy it to Drive then tap the option Copy to Drive. If your PDF is a book then you can instantly open it as a book by tapping on the option Copy to Book.
6. Once you have selected the destination for your file, simply follow the on-screen directions. It might ask you to choose a folder within the destination. Once selected, tap the option Add on the top-right side of your screen.
If you do not see the Share option on your Safari browser then you can scroll to the top of the PDF to display the menu. Moreover, if the webpage you want to save as a PDF file isn’t already a PDF file then you can convert it to PDF directly on Safari. Simply tap the Share button on Safari and then tap the option Create PDF. Once converted, save the PDF file through a similar process as mentioned above.
Saving PDF from the Mail App:
If you have received the PDF file via an email then you would have to access your Mail App to save it on your iPhone. Here are the steps:
1. Launch the Mail App on your iPhone.
2. Provide your login details to access your account.
3. Now look for the email in which you have received the PDF file and tap on it.
4. Open the PDF file to view it.
5. Now tap on the option Share located at the bottom-left of your screen. Tap on it.
6. A pop-up menu would appear on the screen. On this menu bar, you will be able to see many different options. For the PDF file to be saved, you will see options like Save to Files, Copy to Drive, Copy to Books, etc.
7. Now simply tap the option as per your preference. Once the option is selected, simply follow the on-screen directions. It might ask you to choose a folder within the destination. Once selected, tap the option Add on the top-right side of your screen.
Mentioned above is the guideline that allows you to view and save PDF files on your iPhone. Both Safari and the Mail App hardly face any issues and therefore it is quite unlikely that you will face any trouble to download PDFs from them. However, if this method doesn’t work for you then you may have to look for third-party apps on the App Store.
The thing with third-party apps is that most people do not prefer using an app to perform a simple task. They expect their iPhone to do it for them. Conversely, some people like to take the third-part app route as it doesn’t only make the process simple, but it also adds few additional features too.
There are many good apps on the App Store that can help you with your PDF files. Importantly, most of them are free and rarely have any bug issues or viruses. Almost all of these apps allow their users to not only view/save the PDFs, but also to edit them as well. So, the users who are working frequently with PDF files on their iPhones would sometime require to edit them too, and that’s where these apps can be helpful. If it is only about viewing and saving the PDFs then third-party apps aren’t necessary.