The Roborock cleaning devices rely on being connected to your internet connection in order to sweep and mop your home, as well as charge.
A lot of users really struggle with getting their Roborock cleaning devices online and there are tons of reasons why it says your cleaning device is offline.
Thankfully, there are also many different ways you can try and get your Roborock cleaning device back online and cleaning your home.
Why Is My Roborock Device Offline
1. You’ve Disallowed Your Roborock in Router Settings (this may have been accidental)
Fix – Allow It Again
If your Roborock cleaning device is offline and will not connect to your internet, this may be because you, accidentally or purposefully, blocked your Roborock cleaning device on your router.
The reasoning behind this block does not matter at all, and no matter why you did it, you can easily undo it. Just follow these steps, but keep in mind, it will be a little different for everyone depending on the service provider you have for your internet connection.
1. To begin, either go to the website of your internet provider, or access the app if that is an option for you, based on who your provider is.
2. Next, enter your login information and get logged in to your service provider.
3. Now, you should be able to see a heading called something like Connected Devices or anything similar. You may also have to go into General or Settings to find a heading like this one.
4. Once you are at a page where you can see all of the devices that are connected to your router, you should see another option that says something close to Blocked Internet Devices or maybe just Blocked.
5. Now that you can see all of the devices that have been blocked from your router, see if your Roborock cleaning device is in this list.
6. If your Roborock cleaning device does appear to be in the list of blocked devices from your router, simply click on Unblock. You may have to confirm your choice as well.
7. Once you have unblocked your Roborock cleaning device from your router, see if you can now get it back online and cleaning your home.
If your Roborock cleaning device was not in this list of blocked devices from your router, this is not the reason for why you are unable to get it online.
2. There’s A Glitch
Fix – Clear Apps Cache
Another reason that your Roborock cleaning device may be struggling to go online is that you need to clear the cache within your Roborock app on your device. This will hopefully solve your issues and is very easy to do.
1. Start by grabbing your device and opening up your Roborock app.
2. Next, go to your profle on the app.
3. Now, click on the option that says Settings.
4. You will now see an option to Clear Cache. Select this and then click confrm.
5. Clear the Roborock app out of your app history on your device and see if you can now get your Roborock cleaning device online
Clearing the cache within your Roborock app essentially just cleans out any unused or unneeded data that has been stored within the app.
If you do not clear this regularly, sometimes the cache can just easily build up and cause various problems for you, such as your Roborock cleaning device being offline.
Fix 2 – Restart Roborock
You can also restart your Roborock cleaning device in hopes that this will allow it to finally connect to your internet and get back to mopping and cleaning your house. Restarting your Roborock cleaning device is incredibly easy and will only take mere moments out of your day.
1. First, grab your Roborock cleaning device.
2. Next, hold down on the home icon for 3 to 5 seconds.
3. Once you have done this, your Roborock cleaning device will automatically power down.
4. Now, turn your Roborock cleaning device back on and see if you can get it to go back online for you.
After following these steps, a reset should hopefully help you out and get your Roborock cleaning device to go online. Once your Roborock cleaning device has returned to being online, it will start up again and get back to sweeping and mopping your home.
Fix 3 – Factory Reset Roborock
You can also try factory resetting your Roborock cleaning device which will revert it to essentially a new device and will have none of your old information saved.
By doing this factory reset, your Roborock cleaning device will hopefully go back online so you can use it for cleaning your home as is its intent.
1. First, grab your Roborock cleaning device.
2. Next, hold down on the home icon and continue to hold it down.
3. Locate the small Reset button next to the Wi-Fi LED light.
4. Grab something that is small enough, such as a pen or paper clip, and press the tiny Reset button with it. Make sure you are still pressing on the home icon as you do this
5. Once your Roborock cleaning device says, “Restoring the initial version. It will take about five minutes. Please wait patiently”, you can let go.
6. Since this is a factory reset, it will be like you have a new Roborock cleaning device as far as settings go.
Once you get all of your personalized settings into your Roborock cleaning device, see if you can finally get it back online. Hopefully, this factory reset will work for you and your Roborock cleaning device will start mopping and sweeping your home once again.
Fix 4 – Wait For Problem to Go Away
Another explanation as to why your Roborock device is not going online is because Roborock the company is experiencing a bug. There are sadly going to be various problems for many Roborock cleaning device users for a variety of reasons since Roborock is a very popular brand for robotic cleaners.
The reality is that bugs are sadly unavoidable. Various industries and pieces of technology alike fall prey to the vicious bugs that circulate the technology systems.
Your frustration is heard and understood, but all you can do is sit tight until the bug works its way out or Roborocksystem developers are able to tackle the issue for you.
You can also reach out to Roborock directly and let them know that you are experiencing these problems.
It may help them become notified of the problem faster and get to working on a solution for you faster than before so that you can finally turn your Rorborock cleaning device back online and get your home looking nicer.
3. You’re Actually Not Connected to the Internet
Fix – Restart Roborocks Internet Connection
If your Roborock cleaning device is saying it is offline, one way that you can try to get it back online is by restarting the internet connection on your actual Rorborock cleaning device.
1. This is easily done by just holding down the Partial Cleaning Button and Charge button at the same time on your Rorborock cleaning device.
2. Once you have done this, you will hear a voice prompt and that indicates you can release the buttons and your internet connection on your Rorborock cleaning device has been reset.
3. Now, the Wi-Fi LED will start flashing, signaling that your Rorborock cleaning device is not connected to any connection.
4. Open up your Roborock app and reconnect your Rorborock cleaning device to your internet connection.
Doing this should hopefully allow for your Rorborock cleaning device to realize it was able to connect all along and was just having a momentary problem.
Once you are reconnected to your internet connection, your Rorborock cleaning device should start mopping and sweeping, keeping your home nice and clean every day.
4. Router Not Connected
Fix – Restart Router
A bad internet connection may also be the cause of your problems with your Roborock cleaning device not being online. By locating your Wi-Fi router and restarting it, this will improve a faulty internet.
To restart it, you can either simply unplug it from the plug in for a couple of minutes then plug it back in, or locate the power button on the router itself and turn it off for a while before turning it back on.
Your Wi-Fi connection or cellular data may also be inhibiting you from getting your Rorborock cleaning device up and online. One change may be to switch to your cellular data if you are currently connected to Wi-Fi, or vice versa.
Once you have changed to either Wi-Fi or data, try again to see if your Roborock will fnally connect to your internet and go online.
Fix 2 – Reset Router
A bad internet connection may also be the cause of your problems with your Roborock cleaning device not being online. By locating your Wi-Fi router and resetting it, this will improve a faulty internet.
To reset it, you can either simply unplug it from the plug in for a couple of minutes then plug it back in, or locate the power button on the router itself and turn it off for a while before turning it back on.
Also, the longer you keep your router unplugged, the longer your internet will have to take a breather and allow for a true reset to happen.
If you only unplug your router for a few seconds, this might not be enough time for your router to truly reset and you will not solve any of your issues.
Once you have given your router a true break and allowed for your internet connection to fully reset, try to see if your Rorborock cleaning device will finally get connected, go back online, and get to sweeping and mopping once again.
5. Router Overloaded
Fix – Disconnect Other Devices From WIFI
Your Rorborock cleaning device may be failing to find and connect to your internet connection as well if you have too many devices connected to it.
Some of these output devices may be computers, tv’s, phones, tablets, other cleaning device, or anything else that relies on having an internet connection to work.
Having these attached may just be overloading your system and inhibiting your Roborock cleaning device from properly connecting to your internet.
To disconnect them, simply just go onto all of these devices, go into their settings, and then turn off Wi-Fi.
This will automatically disconnect them from your internet connection and hopefully allow you to finally get your Roborock cleaning device to be able to go back online and get back to sweeping and mopping your home.
6. Roborock Firmware Out of Date
Fix – Update Robock
Just like every other piece of technology you use, your Rorborock cleaning device will be in need of a firmware update from time to time.
If you are using your Rorborock cleaning device, and it is saying it is offline, this could easily be because you need to update its firmware. This is done through the Roborock app and can take a little bit of time to fully upload.
1. First, place your Rorborock cleaning device on its charging port.
2. Next, open up your Rorborock app on your device.
3. Now, click on the Settings page on the app.
4. You will see an option that says Firmware Updates, click that.
5. If your Rorborock cleaning device is in need of an update, you will see that here. Click on Update and then wait until your Rorborock cleaning device is fully updated to see if you can get it back online.
If there were no updates available while following those steps, this means that your Rorborock cleaning device is up to date, and that an outdated firmware is not the cause of your issues.
However, if you were able to update your Rorborock cleaning device, this should hopefully get it back online so it can clean your home for you.
4. Roborock is Down
Fix – Check Server Status and Wait
If you keep trying to get your Roborock cleaning device to get connected to your internet connection for you so you can utilize it to sweep and mop your home, your Roborock’s server may be to blame.
It is very common for networks to go out for a couple minutes every once and a while, so do not fret. There are quite a few ways to try and get it back up and starting, or you may not even be connected to your network at all.
Sometimes a quick reset is all your connection may need to get back up and running. You can also go to downdetctor.com and type Roborock into the search box. This will let you know if the Roborock server is currently having any issues.
Once you search it, the website will tell you if Roborock’s network is up and working. If it is not, you will have to wait until it is or you can try to restart your router.
Otherwise, if your network is not down, that is not why your Roborock cleaning device is not going online.
5. Weak Signal
Fix – Make Sure Roborock Dock Isn’t Too Far From Router
A weak signal may also be to blame as to why your Rorborock cleaning device is saying it is offline. One simple remedy you can try is to simply move your Rorborock cleaning device close to your router.
If it is too far from your router your Rorborock cleaning device may not be able to detect your internet because you have a weak signal. Once you move your Rorborock cleaning device closer to your router, see if this gets your device online and back to sweeping and mopping.
5. Roborock Damaged
Fix – Replace Roborock
You may have also accidentally damaged your Roborock cleaning device at some point or maybe it accidentally damaged itself.
Buying a Roborock (view on Amazon) might be your only option to getting your Roborock cleaning device to connect and get back online, resulting in your home getting mopped and swept.
One way you can get one is to reach out to Roborock directly and ask for a replacement Roborock cleaning device.
There is a chance that they will offer to replace yours for free and send you your new Roborock cleaning device if you were not at fault for the damage caused, but this can take potentially up to a few weeks for them to hear your problem and send you a new one.
You can also go and buy one yourself to get your new Roborock cleaning device in a much faster way. If you want to shop in person, head on over to any store similar to Walmart, Best Buy, or even Target.
Once you get there, go to the technology department and locate a new Roborock cleaning device. If you are struggling to find a Roborock cleaning device, ask the nearest worker to help you and they will give you a variety of different Roborock cleaning devices that will keep your home nice and clean for you.
You can also find one on Amazon, Ebay, or any other online store and get it shipped to your house. These types of Roborock cleaning devices range from $200 to $600 and some even more expensive, so you should be able to find one that fits your budget if you do not want to wait for Roborock to send you your new Roborock cleaning device.
Once you have obtained your Roborock cleaning device, you can see if you can get this one online so it can get back to sweeping and mopping your home.
Fix 2 – Contact Roborock
If all else is still failing and you just want to get your Roborock device back online so it mops and sweeps your home, reaching out to the Roborock customer support is another solution you can try.
To contact them, go to us.roborock.com/pages/contact-us Once you get to the website, select your language and you can get started in letting the company know about the problems you are having with their Roborock device.
On the top right side of the screen, you will see a search engine where you can type in what problem you are experiencing labeled with a magnifying glass icon. Type something along the lines of “Roborock Device is Ofine”.
Roborock will now give you a variety of different ways to get your cleaning device back online, connected, and working once again. You will also need to specify which exact version of Roborock device you own.
This will help you get plenty of links that Roborko offers to help you try and get your cleaning device online and the links will be more specific after learning which exact Roborko device you won.
If their website for customer service is still of no help to you, you can call 1-855-960-4321 and get in touch with a live customer service representative from Roborock. They will be able to help you from there with getting your Roborock device back online.