If you like having a minimal desktop, then the clock and notifications tray in the bottom right corner of the Windows 10 taskbar can be an eyesore.
You might also be using a third party tool to display the time, in which case it’s unnecessary to have the taskbar clock showing, as well.
Luckily, it’s possible to disable it, essentially hiding it from view.
Using the Notifications and Actions Menu
Windows 10 has a menu dedicated just for this sort of thing. Getting to it is quite simple, and there are multiple ways.
The easiest way is to go to the Settings and customize the taskbar.
To hide the clock in the Taskbar:
- Open the Start Menu and click on Settings (gear icon).
- Navigate to System > Notifications and Actions.
- Click Turn System Icons On or Off under the Notifications and Actions menu. In the next menu, you should see a list of all the system apps and services that are allowed to show you notifications.
- Find the Clock field and switch it off.
- While you’re here, feel free to disable any other system icons you wish to hide by also setting them to off.
After you disable the clock, close the window and return to the desktop. There’s no need to save the settings change because it’s done automatically.
You should now see the clock and data are gone from the taskbar, instead replaced by a blank space.
Any taskbar icons that are still showing will shift further to the right, leaving more open space in the bar.
If you wish to enable the clock and data again, you can reverse the steps listed here.
Removing the clock and date from the taskbar is an easy feat, and doing so leaves plenty of clean, open space — which looks great if you’re running a minimal desktop.
If you have any questions or problems while following the guide feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll do my best to help!