On your iOS device, there’s a clock showing the time and date each time your device is switched on – When you unlock your device, the clock still remains at the top of the in the status bar so you have access to the time whenever. This time and date can be changed in the settings app and you can either choose an automatic time and date or manually set one yourself.
Your iPhone and iPad come with many pre-installed devices and features that have no obvious way of removing them – this includes the time and date on the lock screen. Unfortunately, there’s no way to remove the time and date from the lock screen using nay common method like accessing the Settings app – the only way to truly remove the clock is to jailbreak your iOS device.
If you don’t like the way the clock covers your Lock screen image, you can change the lock screen images, so the focus of the picture is below the clock.
1. Jailbreak iPhone or iPad
To jailbreak your iOS device means that you’re freeing up limitations that have been imposed by Apple. When you free up your device, it removes the App Store limitation and lets you download third-party apps from other stores. With a jailbroken iPhone, you can bypass Apple’s restrictions and customize your phone to your needs.
You need to backup your device before you can start jailbreaking – jailbreaks don’t always go smoothly and the last thing you want is to lose all of your data. Backing your device using an iCloud backup is enough.
Settings > [Device name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Back Up Now.
Update your iPhone:
Before you jailbreak your iPhone, you need to make sure that your iPhone is up to date. Jailbreaking an iPhone running on an older software can cause the jailbreak to fail. If you have the new iOS update, the jailbreaking process is more likely to be successful.
Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Check for Updates > Install. If anything goes wrong, you can just reset your iPhone to factory settings and restore the iCloud backup.
1. Pangu8’s Jailbreak site has a different variety of jailbreaking methods for the newest iOS versions and above. The Ziyu jailbreak repo is Pangu 8’S recommended extractor to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.
2. Go to and download Zjailbreak on your iOS device. If you do this on your computer, it won’t work as you need Safari to access this site.
3. Go to the Pangu page to Download and Install Ziyu.
4. Open Ziyu app and tap Copy on one of the Jailbreak Repos from the List. Cydia, tutu App, and Tweakbox are the most popular jailbreak repos.
5. Go back to the Ziyu app and tap Extract repo.
6. Paste the copied link from the repo your copied.
7. Click Extract to jailbreak the iPhone. After jailbreaking, look for an app that will allow you to remove the clock app from the Lock screen.
2. Change Lock Screen
Another thing you can do to remove the time and date from the lock screen is to change the lock screen image. The color of the time and date is white, so if you want to have a white background, this change the lock screen so that the time and date isn’t visible would be a good method to use.
If you only want to get rid of the time and date because it’s blocking the focus of your background image, you can – this would leave the clock above the focus of the background image.
To change the Lock screen background: Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper > Set.