Did you just lose your email access along with your mobile phone in an accident or did your devices get recently stolen?
Situations like that are really a pain and sometimes we just can’t avoid them. To make things worse, you’re now locked out of your accounts because you either forgot your password or have 2-step verification turned on and you can’t get access because Facebook doesn’t recognize the new device you’re using.
Moreover, you can’t input the one-time pin or security code because you lost your phone and Gmail access.
In this guide, I’ll tell you how to get access to your Facebook account when you lose your email access, or Gmail rather, and your mobile number, especially when you’ve forgotten your password.
To recover FB account without an email or number:
- Go to Facebook.com and click the ‘Forgotten Account?‘. This is under the fields where you key in your username and password.
- Input your Email that you used to open up the Facebook account. Or, input your mobile number that you used to open up a Facebook account. Facebook would have sent a six digit code to either your email or your mobile number but you don’t have access to these anymore.
- Click on “No longer have access to these?”. This next page will ask you to try to login with the password so you can try to remember the password you have and this will let you in the account. So give it a few attempts like try to really remember the word or phrase you used as the password.
- Click on “Enter password to log in”. This will allow you to enter your Facebook account password without having access to the email account.
- Enter your password. If the password matches the account, you’ll be given access to the facebook account.
- Click on “I can’t access my Email/Phone” if you can’t remember your password. This will prompt you to answer a security question which you may have setup or to ask you to verify with your friends. Facebook will send security codes to your trusted contacts and they will need to give these to you for you to key into to Facebook. This way, Facebook can verify your identity and it can grant you access to your account.
If you didn’t see the last step, you can consider two options, the first is to approach to go through email recovery and the second is to request for the same mobile number again.
Many email carriers have the “Trouble signing in” portion and would ask you to answer security questions. When you do try to get access to your email by recovering the password there is a higher chance to get back into Facebook.
The other option is to regain your mobile number through your network carrier. This may take some time but if the Facebook account is used for more than just social activity, you can consider this step.
It really can get difficult to lose all your E-mail and mobile phone access at the same time.
Again, you can get locked out of accounts if you forgot your password or if you have two-step authentication turned on. There are quite a handful of ways to get things back the way they used to be.
I hope that this guide was able to help you regain access to your Facebook account. Leave a comment and let me know if it helps you.