Have you ever accidentally deleted a photo or video on your phone? It is terrible. Feels like you lost a memory you wanted to remember. The picture might have been from a vacation or a day at the park with your family.
The way to avoid this is to prepare before it happens rather than look for a way to fix it after they are gone. You need to make sure that your photos and videos are backed up to avoid losing them forever. There are a few ways to do this with no problems.
1. Backing Up Photos Using Samsung Cloud
1. You want to start by opening your Android Settings which will look like an icon with a Gear on it.
2. Now, you want to scroll down almost to the bottom of the page and tap Accounts and backup
3. Tap the BACK UP AND RESTORE section
4. Then, you need to select the Back up my data
5. Finally, you want to tap the Automatically Restore option.
This is a good way to restore an entire album or more of your photos since it restores all the photos from your last back up.
2. Backing Up Photos Using Google Photos
1. Open your Google Photos App on your Samsung which is white icon with a multicolored pinwheel on it. If you have made a backup to you Google Photos before accidentally deleting your photo, you should be able to find them here
2. Tap on the photo you want to save to open it
3. Tap on the Three Vertical Dots in the top right corner of your screen to open a drop down menu
4. Here you will tap Save to device. When you do this, it will save the photo you deleted from your phone before back onto your device. If you already have the photo saved to your Galaxy you won’t see the choice to save it to your device here
This is a good way to save yourself from deleting one or a few photos on accident since you can save individual photos back onto your device.
3. Save Your Deleted Photos without a Backup
There is a tool that might be able to help you if you didn’t prepare for losing your photos on accident. It is called EaseUS MobiSaver. This only works if you very recently deleted your photos.
1. Download the EaseUS MobiSaver program onto your computer. This is a tool to help recover recently deleted photos only
2. Click the free download button which is the blue button in the middle of the page. This will download the program to your computer
3. If you have a Mac you will open the setup file once it is downloaded, and then drag MobiSaver into your Applications folder.
If you are running Windows, you need to Double Click the downloaded setup file, go through the installation instructions and then click Finish when it is done installing MobiSaver
4. Open MobiSaver which will be a blue box with a PLUS SIGN coming out of the top of it
5. You need to attach your Samsung to your computer using the charging cable that came with the device. Use the USB end of the cord to plug into your computers USB port
6. Now, click Start at the top of the MobiSaver page on your computer to begin scanning your Samsung for recently deleted data which includes photos
7. Wait for the Scan to finish, you can watch the progress as it happens
8. When the Scan is finished, click the Gallery tab on the left side of the window
9. You can select the photo or photos that you want to recover. There is a check box in the top left corner that you can choose to select all the photos at once
10. Now, you need to click Recover in the bottom right corner of the window. This will bring up a window where you can choose the location you want save these photos to
11. You want to save your Samsung Galaxy as the save location. It should be in the list of save locations. You can also restore the photos to your computer using this tool as well if you wanted to and put them back on your Android whenever you feel like it
12. Finally, click Ok and the restoration process will start. Make sure you don’t unplug your device from your computer or turn either of them off during the restoration