If you look at the edit options in your camera roll, there’s not much you can do with pictures. The only options you have are to crop and add filters to the images.
If you want to make a collage with two pictures or compare two pictures by putting them side by side, you’ll need to use a third-party app because there aren’t built-in editing options on your iPhone or iPad. If you have an Android phone, these steps can be repeated
1. Use Online Tool
You can use an online collage editor to put 2 images side by side. Even if you want to add 3 or 4 images next to each other, you can use the method below.
1. Go to Photocollage. Since this is an online tool, you’ll need to visit the site with Safar or Chrome browser.
2. Click Add images > Photo Library. This will allow you to grab pictures from your camera roll.
3. Select the 2 images you want to place next to each other > Done. If you want to add more, you can select them whilst you’re in the camera roll.
4. Click Auto Collage at the top.
5. Click Order > Ok. This will create a high-resolution collage which may take a while. Wait for the progress bars to reach 100.
6. Click Save and enter a file name > Ok > Ok.
7. Hold down the collage and click Save Image to save it to your camera roll.
2. Use an App
Since there aren’t any built-in editing options on your iPhone, you’ll need to download an editing app. Photoshop Mix is a good photoshop app that allows you to manipulate images and make collages with photos from your camera roll.
1. Download Photoshop Mix in App Store. Photoshop mix is a large app due to its excessive features so it may take a while to download and install.
2. Sign in with Facebook or Google. If you haven’t made an account before, click on Sign Up and enter your details.
3. Click on + to create a new project.
4. Select Image > On my iPhone. This will allow you to grab an image from your camera roll so they can be edited at the same time on the app. You’ll also need to grant the app permission to gain access to your camera roll.
5. Tap + above Image Layer > Image. This will allow you to grab a second image from your camera roll so that you can edit them together. When the image has been added, you’ll see two 2 images on the canvas.
6. Tap on the upper-left corner of the first image and drag it to the bottom right of the canvas.
7. Tap on the upper-right corner of the first image and drag it to the bottom left of the canvas. If both images aren’t a similar size, you’ll need to go to your camera roll and crop them so they’re easier to edit on Photoshop Mix.
8. Click the Share button in the upper right > Camera roll. This will save the new image in your camera roll. When you visit your camera roll, both images should be side by side.