WhatsApp is a messaging app that serves as an alternative to the messaging and calling service from your phone network. It is free and one of the most popular chat and call apps on your app store. You can make free international calls and receive and send photos, videos, documents, and messages.
It is also easy to connect with people in your contacts since the app will identify who in your contacts is a WhatsApp user. However, if you find that WhatsApp is no longer for you, you can permanently delete your account very easily. Read below for directions.
Before you delete your account, you should know a few things. When you delete your account, it will erase your messages, delete your WhatsApp groups, and delete your Google Drive backup and sync. Once you delete your account, you will not be able to have access to your account again. Also, it won’t delete your messages automatically and it will take about 90 days to delete all of the data that was stored for backups in the app.
Also, users that you sent messages to will still have a copy of the messages that you sent them. WhatsApp also notes that some of the material that is in their database will remain, but it won’t have any of the personal identifiers connected to you. Also, WhatsApp would like to note that they will preserve some aspects of your information for legal reasons.
Deleting Your WhatsApp Account
- Launch your WhatsApp app. The icon resembles a speech bubble with a phone inside of it against a green background. If you cannot find the app, swipe up on your Android and it will reveal a search bar that you can use to search for the app on your phone.
2. When you launch WhatsApp, it will open to the home screen, which will be the Chat section of the app. Here you will the see threads of everyone that you have sent a message to.
3. In the upper right corner of the Chats screen, there are three vertical dots. Tap those dots to reveal a menu.
4. In the menu, there will be a few options, but you need to tap Settings, which is located at the bottom of the menu.
5. Tapping Settings will take you to a new screen with options.
6. Once you enter Settings, you will need to find the Account option. It is usually located near the top of the menu. Tap it once you locate it.
7. Once you enter the Account section of the settings, you will be at a new screen where you can change your Account settings. Here, located near the bottom of the section, you will find an option that says Delete My Account. Tap on this option.
8. Once you tap on this option, you will be taken to a new screen. At the bottom of the screen, you will have to enter your phone number, including an area code.
9. Once you enter your phone number, you will have to tap “Delete My Account.”
10. You will be asked to now give a reason for the deletion of your WhatsApp account.
11. After you give a reason, you will need to tap “Delete My Account” again.