If you own a Vizio TV and are wondering how you can mirror your phone screen, then this tutorial will help you out. By mirroring your phone screen, you will be able to view everything that’s on your smartphone. You can watch videos, play games, and view photos on the big TV screen instead of your phone. In this post, we will show you how to mirror your phone screen to Vizio TV. It is very simple and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to set up. We will be using the free Vizio SmartCast app to mirror your phone screen. Let’s get started.
Mirror your phone screen to Vizio TV
As mentioned above, we will be using the Vizio SmartCast app to mirror your phone screen to Vizio TV. The Vizio SmartCast app is available for download on both Android and iOS. You can head over to the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone to search for the app and install it. On your iOS device, launch the App Store and search for the application. The app will work on Android devices running Android 4.4 or later and iOS devices running iOS 8.0 or later.
After downloading the app on your phone, you can easily mirror your phone screen to your Vizio TV. This app will also work on all supported Android or iOS tablet. You will only have to pair the phone, or tablet, the first time. After your device is paired with your TV, you can then also use the SmartCast Applications Remote Control function. If you want to cast apps, then you don’t have to install the app or pair your phone. Here’s how to set things up for the first time.
1. Launch the Vizio SmartCast app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Tap on the device drop down menu.
3. You should now receive a message asking you to pair the phone with the TV.
4. Follow the instructions and you should be able to complete pairing in a couple of minutes.
5. In case the pairing fails, then retry with another device or use the ‘Connect via Wi-Fi option’. Follow the instructions to pair successfully.
Once your device is paired with the Vizio TV, you will be able to use the mirroring option to mirror your phone screen to Vizio TV. That’s about it. You can now view photos, play games on the big screen, and watch videos along with your friends, family, etc.
If you’re not able to pair your device with the Vizio TV, then you can try the following steps to troubleshoot the problem.
1. Turn off the TV or the Vizio TV device and also your smartphone or tablet. Reboot all devices and try to pair again.
2. Delete the SmartCast app from your device and reinstall it. Try pairing again to see if it connects.
3. Use the Link button available on the Vizio remote to get the TV or Vizio device in pairing mode.
4. Launch the Vizio SmartCast app on your device and restart the setup by tapping on ‘Setup a New Device’ from the menu.
5. Finish the setup process and see if it works now.
There you are. That’s how to mirror your phone screen to Vizio TV.