So, you open Microsoft Edge and you realize that it just isn’t working properly.
Well, this can be frustrating and you shouldn’t worry because many people are having the same problem.
Why isn’t Microsoft Edge Working
Microsoft edge isn’t working because of a security extension. Most things that protect your PC in terms of security can also cause problems elsewhere. This extension may be there for security, but it’s also causing Microsoft Edge not to work.
Uninstall Trusteer Rapport
The first thing you need to do is to uninstall Trusteer Rapport.
Trusteer Rapport is a browser extension that can help spot such phishing sites.
However, it can also create conflicts with your existing security software and slow down or crash your web browser.
To uninstall Trusteer & Fix Microsoft Edge:
- Open the control panel
- Click on programs
- Click on programs and features
- Right click on Trusteer Rapport and Click Uninstall
- Click Yes then continue
- Click uninstall now and Check Windows Edge
After uninstalling Trusteer Rapport, you should definitely have fixed this problem.
If this didn’t work, restart your PC and you should have fixed Microsoft Edge.
Clean Boot your PC
The next thing you should do if the steps above didn’t work is to restart your PC.
This is going to reboot the system which could possibly get rid of the bug that’s causing Windows Edge not to work.
To clear boot your PC:
- Click the Windows key + R
- Type in msconfig and ok
- Click on Services
- Check Hide all Microsoft services
- Click on Disable all
- Click on Startup then Open Task Manager
- Select everything and click on disable
- Restart your PC
After doing this, you should have fixed the Microsoft Edge issue.
If your IPv6 isn’t enabled, then Microsoft Edge won’t load properly.
You need to enable your internet protocol for the browser to work.
To enable IPv6:
- Search for the Control panel
- Click Network and Internet then Network and Sharing Centre
- Click on Change adapter settings
- Right click on your WIFI network
- Click on properties
- Choose Internet Protocol Version 4
After enabling your internet protocol, try loading up Microsoft edge again and it should be able to work.