If you are the kind of person that doesn’t want strangers looking at your posts on social media, you are not alone. With the millions of people who use these apps and websites it isn’t always in your best interest to let your profiles be public.
Especially on Snapchat where you post nothing but pictures and videos of yourself and friends. That is a lot of eyes on you. You can set your Snapchat to be Private so that nobody can see it unless they are your friend.
Make Account Private
1. First, you need to open your Snapchat App on your mobile device and login if you aren’t already
2. Next, Tap on the Profile Icon in the top left corner to open your profile page
3. Now, Tap the Gear Icon in the top right corner of your screen to open up your Settings Menu
4. Scroll down to the Who Can section of your settings and tap on the Contact Me
5. Here, tap the My Friends option and this will make it to where only your Snapchat Friends can contact you with video snaps, photos, chats and calls. When someone who isn’t your friend tries to message you, you will get a notification telling you. If you add them as a friend, you will be able to see their snap then.
6. Now you want to tap the back button in the top left corner of the screen to go back to the Setting Menu
7. Go back to the Who Can section and tap on View My Story
8. Tap My Friends again here. This will make sure only your Snapchat friends can see your Story. There is also a Custom option where you can pick and choose who can and can’t see your story
9. Tap the back button in the top left corner of the screen to go back to the Settings Menu again
10. In the Who Can section, tap the See Me in Quick Add option
11. A Check Box will show up that turns off the ability for your Friends Friends to add you from the Quick Add section if you Uncheck it
12. Go back to the Who Can section of your Settings Menu one last time and tap the See My Location option. Choose the Ghost Mode option to hide your location from everyone.
If you turn all of these options to the settings given in this article, then the only people who will be able to see or contact you will be the people on your Friends List. Anyone else who tries to contact you will have to be added as a friend before you can see any attempts to contact you.