Photos take a lot of storage space in most iPhones. What it means is that iPhone users love to take photos and they become an integral part of the iPhone. It could be a real heartbreak if an iPhone user mistakenly deletes all the photos or they get deleted by themselves due to some software problem. Most iPhone users wouldn’t mind paying money to get the deleted photos back.
Well, the good news is that you won’t have to pay money to recover deleted photos from an iPhone. There are a few ways that can be assistive in retrieving the photos back. It is a bit of frustrating job to recover photos, but what matters is that it can undo the mistake or problem. Here are the methods that you need to try and make sure you try them in the mentioned order.
Recently Deleted Photos:
Surprisingly, some iPhone users aren’t aware of this option. It is just like a recycle bin which keeps the deleted photos for 30 days. You can recover them during the 30 days but after that, they will be permanently removed from your iPhone. Here is what you need to do:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Locate the album Recently Deleted and tap on it.
3. You will see all the deleted photos (not older than 30 days) here.
4. You can recover selected photos or you can recover all the photos at once.
5. To recover selective photos, tap on the option Select and tap on the photos you want to recover.
6. Once selected, simply hit the option Recover.
7. To recover all photos at once, simply tap on the option Recover All.
8. Likewise, you can permanently delete all or selective photos via the same method.
This option will only work if your deleted photos are not older than 30 days.
If you have mistakenly deleted all photos permanently or they got deleted for no apparent reason then you may have to look for iCloud backup. For this method to work, your photos must have been backed up before they got deleted. If your backup is set to automatic then the chances of recovering the photos are high. You will also have to set up your iPhone as new for this method. Here is what you need to do:
1. Go to the Settings of your iPhone.
2. Tap on the option General.
3. Tap the option Reset.
4. Now choose Erase All Content and Settings.
5. Upon restart, you will be asked to set up your iPhone.
6. Set it up and choose the option Recover from iCloud Backup.
7. Provide your Apple ID’ login details. Choose the relevant backup that may have all your photos.
8. Once the phone is ready, go to the Photos app and you will see your photos recovered back in the albums.
Restore iTunes Backup to Recover Deleted iPhone Photos:
If iCloud fails to deliver (highly unlikely), you will have to look up to iTunes backup. For this method to work, you must have had backed up your data on iTunes. If you haven’t backed up your iPhone on iTunes then you are in a trouble. However, if you had, then here is what you need to do:
1. Connect iPhone to laptop/PC via a charging cable and launch iTunes.
2. Click your iPhone when iTunes recognizes your device. Doing this will bring up the overview screen.
3. Select the option Restore iPhone and click on the most recent backup file or the relevant one.
4. Now hit Restore again and wait for the process to finish. Your iPhone will restart once the process finishes.
5. You will get your pictures back as soon as the iPhone gets restart and ready to use.
If all methods mentioned above fail to deliver, you will have to look for a third-party tool that can retrieve the deleted photos. Of course, it may charge you a little money but it is worth it given the situation. You will be able to find many good software for that purpose. However, a software called iMyFone D-Back is one of the popular tools used for recovering the data.
The best thing about this tool is that it never overwrites the data on your device. You will get a preview of files so you can select the ones that you need to recover. The software is completely safe to use and doesn’t affect your device’ data by any means. Importantly, all you will need to do is to download it and follow the on-screen instructions as it is quite easy to use.