Inverting the colors on your Android device’s screen can be beneficial for those who have vision issues. With the small fonts and the wide range of colors that appear on your screen, navigating the device can prove to be difficult.
There is a feature built into your Android device so that you can invert the colors and make things much easier if you have impaired eyesight. The steps are the same for most Android devices, but you will need to take different steps if you have a Samsung device. You will find both directions below.
You may also want to consider the other vision accessibility features that are available to you. You can turn off high contrast fonts for easier reading, show button shapes so that you can see them easier, adjust the color of your display to meet your needs, place a large mouse or pointer on your screen, and increase the font size of the words on your screen. Go into your settings and tap on Accessibility to see everything that you can change to make navigating your phone an easier experience.
For Samsung Devices
The invert colors setting isn’t on a quick settings tile like it is on other devices.
1. Pull the notification shade down by placing your finger at the top of your screen and pulling down. This will reveal your setting icons, like your WIFI, your Bluetooth, and your flashlight.
2. Tap the settings gear, which should appear on the right side of the screen. Tapping the settings gear will open your settings menu.
3. Scroll down your Settings menu until you see Accessibility. Tap on that section.
4. In Accessibilty, tap Visibility Enhancements. Here, you will be able to change whatever vision aspects of your phone that you would like.
5. To invert the colors, locate the Negative Colors section.
6. There is a switch to the right of it. Turn that switch on.
7. When it is on, it will ask you to confirm that you want it on. Press OK, and your colors will be inverted.
For Other Android Devices
1. Pull the notification shade all the way down by placing your finger at the top of your screen and pulling down. It should cover your whole screen. This will reveal your setting icons, like your WIFI, your Bluetooth, and your flashlight.
2. There should be an option that says “Invert Colors” on a small icon. you may have to swipe your finger to the left to see the rest of the icons that you can choose from.
3. If it doesn’t show up, you can tap the pencil icon at the bottom right of the screen. You will be able to drag the Invert Colors icon into the panel area so that you can tap it and turn it on.