If your internet keeps disconnecting every few minutes on your PC, there could be several things wrong – this is why it’s so hard to troubleshoot.
Wireless connection problems can be frustrating, especially when they happen at the worst time possible.
I’m going to show you several ways to connect back to WIFI without it disconnecting.
Why Does my Internet Keep Disconnecting?
The reason your WIFI internet keeps disconnecting on your computer could be due to several problems. If all devices on your network have the same problem with the internet, it’s likely an issue to do with your router, ISP or, cable or modem.
1. Change Power Management
- Right-click on the WIFI icon in the taskbar and click Open Network & Internet Settings
- Click Change adapter options
- Right-click on your network and click Properties
- Click Configure
- In the Power Management tab, click Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
2. Make Network Profile Private
The next way to stop your Wi-Fi from continuously disconnecting is by changing your networks properties from public to private.
Changing your networks properties allows your PC to be discoverable to other devices on the network which can stop the internet problem on your PC.
To make your network profile private:
- Click the WIFI icon in the taskbar
- Under your network name, click Properties
- Under Network profile, click Private
If this doesn’t stop your WIFI from disconnecting, try the next solution.
3. Uninstall Network Adapter
Your network driver is responsible for controlling the way your network interacts with your PC.
If there’s a problem with the network adapter, re-installing it could get rid of the problem.
- Hold down the Windows key + R to open Run
- Paste devmgmt.msc and click OK
- Open Network adapter and look for your adapter
- Right-click on the adapter and click Uninstall
- Click Uninstall to confirm
- Restart your PC to re-install the driver
4. Reset WIFI AutoConfig Service
- Click the Windows key + R to open Run
- Type in services.msc
- Highlight then double-click WLAN AutoConfig
- Change the startup type to Automatic
- Click OK
5. Reset TCP/IP
Your TCI/IP settings determine how your PC communicates with the internet.
Resetting this could stop your PC disconnecting from the internet.
- Click on the Windows key + R
- Open cmd.exe to open Command Prompt
- Paste the following commands and click the Enter key after pasting each one
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- Close Command prompt and restart your PC
After trying all of the steps above, you should connect to the WIFI, and your Windows 10 PC should no longer disconnect randomly.
If you’re still having problems, comment down below, and I’ll help you further.