Fast internet connections have made streaming easier on laptops. People know tend to stream videos, movies, and even live TV through their laptops. You can stream content from different providers and that includes Direct TV too. For those who do not know, Direct TV is a provider that offers hundreds of channels and on-demand movies through different packages. They provide all the channels and the latest shows and movies at a reasonable price. If you have a Direct TV account and want to watch Direct TV on your laptop then you can do that by:
1. The first step demands you to download and install Direct TV on your computer. For installing the Direct TV player, you need to have an up-to-date flash player. The installation process will check for that and if your flash player isn’t updated, it will ask you to update it first. Install the flash player and relaunch the web browser for smooth installation.
2. Go to the Direct TV website and then select the content you want to watch. You can choose from Movies and TV shows by clicking on them. Additionally, you can click on the option Guide to access the TV channels. If you don’t see these options listed, select “Watch DIRECTV” to load the Entertainment menu.
3. You can use the Watch Online tab to check the content that is available for you to stream. You can keep searching until you find the right fit or you can use the search bar to type in the keyword related to the content you are looking for.
4. Click “Watch on Computer” or “Watch Live” and sign in to your DIRECTV online account, if prompted. If a price is displayed, proceed through the payment process to pay for the content.
5. So, accessing the Direct TV via computer is as easy as it could get. The only issue is that Direct TV is specific to the USA only. If you want to watch it outside the UK then you may have to go for the VPN options. For instance, if you are in the UK and want to watch Direct TV then you will need to find/buy a VPN as well. You will need to trick the server into buying the idea that you are based in the USA or else you won’t be able to watch Direct TV on your laptop.
6. You will first need to download and install the VPN app on your laptop. You will then sign in to the account, seek a US server and connect to it so you can get the American IP address. Once your IP address is American, you will be able to stream the Direct TV content from anywhere in the world. It is trickier and perhaps a little risky to go for the VPN route, but that’s the only way you can stream the Direct TV on your laptop from outside the USA.