On your iPhone, you can do things such as record video, and record audio using the memo app. Thanks to the multiple speakers on your iPhone, you can use it as a microphone. If you want to record audio on your PC, or you need a microphone to record audio for a video using a digital camera, you can use your iPhone or iPad to do this.
You can use an app call Megaphone App. This app can transform your iPhone or iPad into a microphone when you connect it to an external speaker, and it’ll provide you with crystal-clear sound. You’ll need an AUX cable or lightning cable to connect your iPhone to the external speakers via the headphone jack or lightning port.
1. Open the Megaphone app on your iPhone or iPad. You can use this time to adjust the mic sensitivity by using the volume controls.
2. Connect one end of your AUX cable to your iPhone and the other end to your PC microphone jack.
Note: Your PC probably has a headphone jack and microphone jack. Make sure to use the second jack which will most likely be the headphone jack. If not, you’ll see a headphone label above it.
3. Open the Sound Settings on your PC and go to the recordings tab. You can speak into your iPhone and you can check to see if the bars move.
Your Mac comes with good microphones but if you insist on using your iPhone as a mic, you won’t need an aux cable, but you’ll need a lightning cable.
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using the lightning cable.
2. Open megaphone on your iPhone or iPad and turn on the mic.
3. Open Audio MIDI Setup on your Mac and enable your iPhone or iPad in the left column.
4. Open the voice recording app and start recording.