This guide will provide you with all of the information that you need to connect your Xbox controller to your PS4 properly.
This information can help you determine the method that works best for you. Since Xbox controllers are not natively designed for PS4, you will need to consider alternative methods for connection.
Can You Use Xbox Controller on Ps4 With No Adapter?
Yes, there are several methods that you can consider for hooking up your Xbox controller to your PS4 without the use of a controller adapter. Some of these methods include utilizing other applications or using the native software included on your Xbox controller.
Although this article will focus on the ways that you can use an Xbox controller on your PS4 with no adapter, an adapter is the easiest way to connect your Xbox controller to your PS4.
If you still wish to attempt to connect your Xbox controller to your PS4 without an adapter, you should use this guide.
Keep in mind that all of the methods contained in this guide require access to an internet connection and a home desktop or laptop PC. All of the methods contained in this guide will help you properly connect your Xbox controller to your PS4.
How to Use Xbox One Controller on PS4 With No Adapter?
The next section of this guide will focus on the different ways that you can go about connecting your Xbox controller to your PS4 without the use of an adapter. You should pick the method that you believe will work best for your particular situation.
Because Xbox controllers are designed to work mainly on Xbox consoles, you might have to complete some rather complex methods for using your controller on your PS4.
These methods will be discussed in detail so that you can ensure you are properly setting up your Xbox controller to work on your PS4.
1. Use Remote Play
One of the easiest methods to consider when trying to hook up your Xbox controller to your PS4 is to utilize the remote play feature and a desktop PC or laptop.
The remote play feature of your PS4 allows you to play on different devices with different compatible controllers.
This is an especially useful feature if you are trying to connect your Xbox controller to your PS4. The process is fairly simple, but you will need access to a home PC or desktop to be able to utilize this method properly.
Once you have properly configurated the Remote Play features on your PS4 and PC, you will be able to connect your Xbox controller to your PS4 and play games like normal. The layout of the Xbox and PS4 controllers are very similar, so few modifications will need to be made for control mapping if any.
The steps for setting up remote play have been listed below. Keep in mind that you will need a valid internet connection to properly use the remote play features of your PS4.
1. To begin, you will first need to turn on your PS4 console and enter the Settings menu.
2. From the Settings menu, enter the Remote Play menu. This is the menu where you will access all of the Remote Play options for your PS4.
3. In the Remote Play menu, make sure that the Enable Remote Play option is enabled. This will allow remote play to be possible on your PS4.
4. Once you have enabled the remote play option on your PS4, exit back to the main Settings menu.
5. From the main Settings menu on your PS4, enter the Accounts Management menu.
6. In the Accounts Management menu, ensure that the PS4 you are currently using and attempting to use with remote play is Active As Your Primary PS4. If it is not, enable this setting and click Confirm.
7. Once you have done this, you will need to go to your PC and download and install the Remote Play application on your PC.
8. Once you have downloaded and installed the Remote Play application on your PC, you should go to PlayStation’s website and log in to your account on your PC.
9. Once you have done this, use the Remote Play application to search for your PS4 console and connect to it. This will forge a connection between your PS4 and your PC that you can use to remote play.
10. Now that your PS4 is connected to your PC, you will be able to control your PS4 with any controller that is compatible with your PC, including Xbox controllers.
All PS4 consoles that are updated to the latest firmware will have the remote play option available. You can utilize this to cast your PS4 gameplay to any compatible device. This makes it a great option to consider for connecting Xbox controllers for use with your PS4.
Keep in mind that you will need to maintain a stable internet connection to be able to properly utilize the remote play functions. You will also need a rather strong internet connection to support the remote play features.
If you attempt to use the remote play feature without a strong enough internet connection, you will likely experience issues while trying to play your games and connect your external controllers.
2. Use Xbox One Elite Controller
Using an Xbox One Elite controller will allow you to connect to your PS4 without the use of remote play or an adapter. An Xbox One Elite controller is the premium version of the Xbox One controller and has access to many more features and capabilities.
Keep in mind that a regular Xbox controller will not be able to utilize this method to connect to a PS4. You will need to purchase an Xbox One Elite Controller before you will be able to connect it to your PS4 without the use of remote play or an adapter.
Before beginning the process, you will need to first configure your Xbox One Elite controller on a PC or Xbox console. You will need to map the buttons out properly beforehand. Once you have done this, you will be ready to begin the process.
1. First, you will need to download the Cronus Pro software for your PC. This will allow your Xbox controller to connect and communicate with your PS4. Once you have done this, you will be ready to move on to the next step.
2. Configure all of the proper settings on your PS4 console after downloading the Cronus application.
3. Once you have configured your settings on the PS4 and downloaded the Cronus application, locate and install the Cronus PS4 game pack on your PS4. This application will enable your PS4 to emulate to proper connectivity for your Xbox controller.
Once you have completed this process, you will be ready to connect your Xbox One Elite controller to your PS4. Cronus will enable the Bluetooth connection to be compatible with your Xbox One Elite controller.
An Xbox One Elite controller is a great long-term purchase that you can expect to exceed your expectations for a gaming controller well. You will be able to use your Xbox One Elite controller not only for use with your PS4 but also with Xbox consoles and PC.
This makes them a very good option for those who wish for great versatility out of their gaming controllers. While Xbox One Elite controllers are much more expensive than a typical Xbox controller, they are generally considered to be well worth the purchase price.
3. Use A Bluetooth Converter Instead Of A Controller Adapter
If you do not wish to use a controller adapter to make your Xbox controller compatible with your PS4, then you should consider using a Bluetooth converter instead. A Bluetooth converter is much more convenient and easier to set up for a variety of uses than a more specialized controller adapter.
You can purchase a variety of Bluetooth converters that are compatible with your PS4. Once you have purchased one that will work with both your controller and your PC, you can begin the process of pairing your devices together.
1. To begin, turn on your PS4 and follow the instructions for connecting the Bluetooth converter to your console.
2. Next, press and hold the Bluetooth search button located on the outside of your Bluetooth converter. It will generally be the only button present on the device.
3. Once your Bluetooth converter has found your PS4 as a connectible device, allow the connection to be forged by confirming it when prompted on your screen.
4. Generally, once the connection has been made successfully between your Bluetooth converter and your PS4, an LED light will flash on your Bluetooth converter to signify a successful connection.
5. Once you have confirmed that the connection is successful, connect your controller via Bluetooth, and it will automatically be paired with your console.
A Bluetooth converter can be a great tool for connecting Bluetooth devices to each other that are not natively compatible. You should be sure that the Bluetooth converter that you are purchasing is compatible with your PS4.
This will ensure that you will be able to carry out the connection process properly. Once you have done this, you will be able to connect any compatible Bluetooth controllers to your PS4 to control the console.
4. Use A USB Cord
You can use a USB cord to connect your Xbox controller to have it connect to your PS4 without the use of remote play or an adapter. While this will not allow for use with wireless controllers, you can use a USB-wired Xbox controller to connect to your PS4 and enable play.
To do this, simply plug in the Xbox controller into your PS4’s USB port. This will automatically connect them and allow you to use the controller with your PS4. Keep in mind that only certain versions of PS4 containing specific firmware will be able to do this.
Generally, only PS4 Pro models will be able to utilize this method of connecting an Xbox controller to your PS4.
In some cases, you will be able to gain access to the proper firmware that will allow a USB connection to be made between your PS4 and your Xbox controller.
This guide has provided you with all of the information that you need to properly set up your Xbox controller to work on your PS4.
Since the Xbox controller is not natively designed to connect to the PS4, you will need to consider some alternative methods for connecting your controller properly.
As this guide indicates, you have several options to consider for forcing compatibility between these two devices. You should ensure that you have a valid internet connection and an updated PS4 system before attempting the methods contained in this guide.
If the methods in this guide do not suit you, you should consider using an adapter to connect your PS4 and your Xbox controller.
This is the easiest way to use an Xbox controller with your PS4. While it is not ideal to have to purchase external hardware to connect controllers to your consoles, it is the easiest way.
You should consider this method if you do not wish to use the methods contained in this guide.
The most efficient option to consider for using an Xbox controller on your PS4 without an adapter is by using the built-in remote play features that are available on all PS4 consoles.
This will allow you to cast games from your PS4 to your PC, where you can use your Xbox controller to operate the controls.
This method will require a valid internet connection to be properly used. Other methods include using an Xbox One Elite controller or using another type of adapter to allow Bluetooth connectivity between your two devices.
All of these methods will be included in the guide above. You should use this information to properly set up your Xbox controller for use with your PS4.