Snapchat is an incredibly popular social media application. And, like any social media platform, the emphasis is on, well, a social connection. In order to expand such social connections, systems are in place to connect users to one another as much as possible, whether it’s through common interests or common friends, like Snapchat’s “Quick Add” feature. But does Quick have to be on? Can it be turned off? And how does one turn off Quick Add?
Quick Add is, essentially, the equivalent of any friend suggestion function found on just about any social media platform. You’ll get a list of people that have similar interests but more importantly, similar contacts. For example, you may get Quick Add suggestions to people that your friends are friends with. But what if you don’t want to be a part of Quick Add suggestions? Can you remove yourself from the function?
How to Turn Off Quick Add
1. Locate and open Snapchat.
2. While still on your camera screen, open your profile page by tapping your profile picture located in the top left corner of your screen.
3. At the top right corner of your profile page, you’ll see a gear icon. Select it to open your Settings menu.
4. In your Settings menu, keep scrolling down until you reach Additional Services. Just below it, choose the “See Me in Quick Add” option.
5. Disable your presence in Quick Add by deselecting (remove the checkmark) from “Show me in Quick Add.”
While you can’t remove Quick Add from offering you suggestions, you can, at the very least, remove yourself from such suggestions. After all, you don’t need to befriend every single person that your friends are friends with.
Now that you’re no longer visible on Quick Add, people won’t be able to add you via quick add because you won’t be shown to anyone on who uses the feature to add you. If you previously quick add turned on and people were adding you, you can click the x button next to their name to get rid of them.
Disabling Quick Add Notifications
If you’re sick of being suggested friends by Snapchat, you can disable it and save Snapchat some time bothering you.
1. Locate and launch Snapchat.
2. Look to the top left corner of your screen, tap your profile picture to open your profile page.
3. Open your Snapchat Settings by selecting the gear icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Keep scrolling down your Settings menu until you come to Notifications. Go ahead and select it.
5. To disable Quick Add suggestions, remove the checkmark next to the option “Friend Suggestions.”