The application is available not only on your iPhone, but also your iPad and Mac. However, you tend to carry around your iPhone more often than your Mac, so It’s only natural that most of your recordings would be made from your iPhone. However, what if you want to transfer your voice memos from your iPhone to your computer?
Luckily, there are a few easy ways to carry this out. There’s a share feature you can use in order to transfer voice memos to your computer, or if you prefer you can sync your voice memos to your computer using iTunes. In order to get started moving your voice memos to your computer, follow the instructions below,
Use the Share Feature to Send Voice Memos to Your Computer
While the Share feature comes in extremely handy, it does have a drawback. By using the Share feature, you can only send voice memos to your computer one by one. However, a benefit is that this feature allows you to send voice memos using any service of your liking. This means you may use Mail, Dropbox, Google Drive, or anything else you prefer. To get started using the Share feature, follow the instructions below,
1. Open the Voice Memos application.
2. Tap on the recording you would like to send to your computer.
3. Towards the left you’ll notice an icon of three small blue dots. Click on this icon. Note: Depending on your version of iOS, you may not see the three dots and will instead see a rectangle with an arrow coming out of it. This is the Share icon.
4. A menu will pop up on the bottom of the screen, with three labels. The labels are as follows: Edit Recording, Duplicate, and Share. Tap on Share.
5. Another window will pop up on the bottom of the screen. You’ll see a list of applications that you can use to share your voice memo, such as Mail, Message, Whatsapp, and more.
Note: If you’ve a Mac, your iPhone will give you the option to AirDrop the voice memo to yourself. You may also use the Message application to send the voice memo to yourself as a message, as long as you’ve enabled receiving messages on your Mac.
6. Choose the service you want to use to send your voice memo to your computer and follow the prompts on your screen accordingly.
If you select Mail, email the voice memo to yourself. Afterwards, open your email on your computer, and you’ll have access to the voice memo. However, let’s say you want to use Dropbox to send your voice memo to your computer, then you must have the Dropbox application installed on your iPhone.
Sync Your Voice Memos Using iTunes
If you use the Voice Memos application often then this method is more ideal as it will allow you to transfer multiple voice memos to your computer at once. If you’re using a Windows computer, you’ll need to download iTunes. If you’re a Mac user, iTunes is already built in on your computer. In order to get started syncing your voice memos using iTunes, follow the instructions below,
1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. This is the same cable to use to charge your device.
2. Towards the left on the iTunes window, right click on your device and click Sync for Windows computers. If you’re a Mac user, hold the command key and click Sync.
3. iTunes will automatically notify you that there are new voice memos available, and if you would like to copy them to your computer. Click Copy Voice Memos.
4. The voice memos will now be stored as audio files on your computer.
In order to access the voice memos on your computer, follow the instructions below. For Windows computers, navigate to C: \Users\NAME\Music\iTunes\Media\Voice Memos in File Explorer. For Mac computers, navigate to /Users/NAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Voice Memos in Finder.
You should now be able to see all your voice memos. They will be arranged based on the date and time they were recorded. The files are either in m4a or MP4 format. You can also open the files using iTunes, VLC, the Windows Music application, and other media applications.