In this day and age, with technology advancing at a rapid rate, it’s vital to not only have your contacts saved on your mobile device, but also your laptop. This is especially true for people who work from home or have many telemarketing meetings, whether over Skype, FaceTime, or any other software of the like.
Luckily, if you’ve an iPhone and a Mac, two highly powered devices, which are from the same company, it’s quite easy to transfer your contacts from your iPhone to your Mac. Unfortunately, most users remain unaware of the simple process, and end up entering contacts into their Mac one by one, after looking through their iPhone.
Technology, however, has automated tasks that would once upon a time take hours, allowing tasks to be carried out within minutes, or even seconds in some cases. In order to learn how to transfer contacts from your Mac to your iPhone, follow the instructions below.
Sync Your Contacts from iPhone to Mac via iTunes
It comes as no surprise that once again iTunes is here to save the day. As we all know, iTunes is primarily used by iPhone users to not only add music to your mobile devise, but also to back up your device and prevent data loss, should something inadvertently go wrong with your device. iTunes can also be used to sync your contacts on to your Mac. To use iTunes to sync contacts, follow the directions below,
1. Launch iTunes. Ensure that you’ve the latest version of the software installed. If not, you may have to update your macOS software, as iTunes updates often come along with macOS updates. In order to learn how to update your macOS software, follow the instructions on part B of this article, then come back here.
2. Using a USB cable connect your iPhone to your Mac. This is the same cable you use to charge your device.
3. Towards the top left of the iTunes window, click on the iPhone icon.
4. Click on Info.
5. Click on Sync Address Book Contacts.
6. Click Apply.
Your iPhone will now begin the transfer process. Please note that this may take some time. After the process has completed, feel free to eject your iPhone device, however, ensure that you don’t do this until the sync has completed.
Update iTunes to the Latest Version
As previously stated, iTunes updates often come along with macOS updates. Updating your laptops is often seen as a chore that is ignored. However, it’s vital to keep your device up to date, as software updates often contain solutions to bugs and problems that occurred in the previous update.
If your Mac, or any iOS device for that matter is experiencing a problem, updating the software is an easy solution that should be carried out right away. In order to update your macOS software, and iTunes software, follow the instructions below,
1. Launch the App Store. It has a blue background with an A icon on it.
2. Click on the Updates tab on the top right.
3. If there’s a macOS update available, update the software accordingly. You may also notice other updates for the applications installed on your Mac. If you wish, you may press the Update All button towards the top right.
Please note that it may take some time for the software update to download and install. Please be patient and don’t interrupt the installation process. Once you’ve installed the latest version of iTunes, return to part A and step #2 of this tutorial and start syncing your contacts from your iPhone to your Mac.