Facebook is a great way to share photos, videos, and funny posts with friends and family. one of the features that go along with this is Tagging someone. Tagging someone in a post is a way to let people know they were with you during an event or a way to draw somebody’s attention to a post, so it doesn’t get overlooked. You can tag people in posts from a mobile device or from a desktop.
Tagging Someone in a Photo on Facebook from a Mobile Device
1. First, you need to open your Facebook app which is a blue icon with a white F inside it.
2. You will need to log in if you are not already logged in automatically. You will need your Mobile Phone Number or Email Address and your Facebook Password.
3. A note worth mentioning is that some people or businesses privacy settings may be set in a way that will not allow you to tag them in your posts.
4. Now that you are logged in, you need to tap one of the images in from one of your photo albums, from your Timeline, or another person’s Timeline.
5. After you have tapped the photo, you need to tap on the Price Tag shaped Icon at the top of your screen.
6. Tap anywhere in the photo now, the best place being on the face of the person you are tagging but not mandatory.
7. Start typing the persons name you are trying to tag.
8. When the persons name pops up as a choice, tap it.
9. This will tag them in the photo and the tag will be placed wherever you tapped on the photo.
10. When you are finished tagging people, tap on the X that appears at the top or hit the back button and your friend will receive a notification that they were tagged in the photo.
Tagging Someone in a Post on Facebook from a Mobile Device
1. You will want to start a new post by tapping on the status update bar at the top of your Timeline. It says something like “what’s on your mind?” or something close to that.
2. Tap on Tag People which is next to a blue icon that looks like a person close to the bottom of the screen. If this option isn’t there, you will need to tap Add to your post under the message prompt area to open a menu of options.
3. You will tap Who are you with? In this scenario.
4. You can also start typing the name of a person into the message prompt and then tap on their name when it appears. If you want to tag more than one person at a time you can just continue to type names until you have added all the people if you want.
5. When you are done tagging people and writing the post, just tap done in the top right corner of the screen.
6. If you want to tag someone on someone else’s post, you can simply type their name into the comments section and post it. They will receive a notification that they have been tagged in both of these situations.
Tagging Someone in a Photo on Facebook from a Desktop
1. You need to start by going to Facebook.
2. Then, you need to login using your Mobile Phone Number or Email Address and Facebook Password if you aren’t already logged in.
3. The same thing goes for desktop as on mobile devices, you might not be able to tag certain people or businesses because of how their privacy settings are set up.
4. Click on a photo that is from one of your photo albums, your Timeline, or a Friends’ Timeline.
5. At the bottom of the photo you will see a Tag Photo button that you should click.
6. Click on the persons face, or anywhere you would like to add the tag for that matter, and then start typing the name of the person you are trying to tag.
7. Click their name when it pops up in the recommendations to tag the person in the photo.
8. When you are done tagging people, just click done tagging and then the person will receive a notification saying that you tagged them in the photo.
Tagging Someone in a Post on Facebook from a Desktop
1. You will start by clicking the status update bar at the top of your Timeline that says something close to “What’s on your mind?”
2. Now, click on Tag Friends next to the blue icon that looks like a person under the dialog box.
3. Click “Who are you with?” next to “With”.
4. Start typing someone’s name until their name shows up as a recommendation and then tap it.
5. If you want to tag more than one person just keep typing their names and adding them.
6. Write whatever you want as a status and then click the Post button at the bottom of the window. The people you tagged will receive a notification saying that you tagged them.
7. You can also tag someone in someone else’s posts by commenting on their name and posting the comment.