When you’re texting someone, one of the most important things is to get your point across. Getting your point across in a text message might be a little hard, and when you’re limited to the characters on your keyboard might hinder you.
One thing that you might find interesting is that you can use a lot of the features that you would in a Word document on the text that you send while you’re communicating on your text message app. While these options aren’t readily available on your keyboard, you can still use a website to copy and paste the text into the text box. Here’s how you strikethrough text on an iPhone and Android.
How to Strikethrough Text on an iPhone and Android
The following instructions work for both iPhone and Android. It doesn’t require a special app. All you have to do is visit the page on Piliapp and you can use it to generate a few different text effects. The best thing about this site is that the result is generated into plain text so you can copy and paste it elsewhere. Other sites might generate the text in HTML or as an image, so this is definitely a faster and more efficient way to do this. Here’s what you have to do:
1. Navigate to the Piliapp page.
2. In the middle of the page, there are a few text generator options. Select the strikethrough option.
3. Now, in the first text box, type in the text that you want to have a strikethrough.
4. The text that has the strikethrough will appear in the second text box. Look at see that it’s correct.
5. Copy the text in the second text box. You should see the option to “Copy to Clipboard” in the box. If you don’t seen that option, press and hold on the text. Drag your finger across it to highlight all of the text, and a menu will appear. On the menu, select “Copy.”
6. Now, navigate to your texting app. You’ll have to exit the web browser and tap on the app.
7. Now, select the person you want to send the text message to.
8. Tap on the text box and hold on it. A menu will appear.
9. In the menu that appears, select “Paste.” The text you copied from the website with the strikethrough will go in the text box.
10. Send the message. It’ll appear as strikethrough text.
You can do this on other platforms too. Twitter and Instagram would be great to use strikethrough text on, and this website allows you to do so.