Facebook is an insanely popular social media site that lets you share your stuff in different ways. You can update status, you can post pictures, you can share stories and whatnot. Now the thing is that everyone is doing the same things on Facebook which sometimes makes it a boring place to be. At that very moment, you do wish to do things differently; for example, using strikethrough texts in your posts, comments, or even messengers chats. Now if you do not know what this strikethrough is, you just need to continue reading.
What is Strikethrough Text and How to use it?
Strikethrough is a font effect that causes text to appear as though it is crossed out. As the name suggests, strikethrough is when a line crosses over/through the text to indicate that it has been cancelled. There are various reasons why one should benefit from this unique feature. The reasons include: to show an edit or revision, to correct mistakes, to cross things off a to-do list, or to just to be standout from the rest.
Now the thing is that Facebook is programmed in a way that it doesn’t allow you a way to put a line through/over the text. The normal HTML coding doesn’t work on Facebook status updates and you will need to take assistance from the special online tools to strikethrough text on Facebook. You’ll need to generate strikethrough text using Unicode, and that is a pretty straightforward thing to execute. Here is what you need to do.
Strikethrough Texts on Facebook:
1. Login to your Facebook account and then start writing your status as you would normally do. Do not hit the option Post as yet.
2. Now you will need to create the strikethrough text. Open a new tab, and search YayText’s strikethrough font tool. Once it is opened, start typing the text in the text box that appears upon scrolling down a little.
3. Click the “copy” button next to the specific strikethrough style that you’d like to use. Now your strikethrough text has been copied and ready to be used.
4. Open the Facebook tab where you were creating the post. Now select that specific word/line you want to be crossed (strikethrough) and replace it with the text you have just copied.
5. Once it appears in the post as strikethrough, hit the option post and you are done. It was too easy, wasn’t it?
Likewise, you can repeat the same process for your comments and chats as well. It adds an extra layer of uniqueness and makes people believe that you are an expert social media user. You can also use the strikethrough text in your profile’ bio. It will give it a standout look and people may end up giving you a DM for your creativity.
However, there is another thing that you need to understand about the strikethrough text. Not every browser supports the strikethrough text. For instance, some Firefox users may not be able to see your strikethrough text. Instead, they will either see black boxes or question marks in between the letters of your strikethrough text. So, if someone complains about your post containing invalid characters, you just need to tell them that it is their browser that has some invalidity, not the text.
Facebook allows you to make text bold or italic, there is no way to write strikethrough text directly. It is a bit odd that Facebook doesn’t offer that option. However, many users are already aware of the tools that can be helpful for generating strikethrough text and that is the reason why you may have seen many comments with strikethrough text in them. Facebook needs some innovation to maintain/increase and their popularity, and they can start it by introducing the strikethrough text option. Until then, users will have to rely on online tools to generate strikethrough texts for them.