Knowing where your friend or family is can make things a lot easier when you’re planning events and communicating. Have you ever needed to find someone in a huge mall? Have you ever needed someone’s home address really quickly? The easiest thing to do in those situations is to share your location.
Since Android doesn’t have a baseline location app, one of the easiest things to use is Google Maps. Because all the Androids have Google Maps on them, this can be your go- to location app. All phones can open the links you send from Google Maps, so this article will discuss Google Maps as the option to use to send locations.
You should know that there are a ton of different location app options that you can view on the Google Play Store, and you can use any of those apps to share your location. It’s just that you’ll need to have the other person have the app too and Google Maps helps you get around that.
Here’s how you share your location on Android.
Using Google Maps to Share your Location on Android
You’re probably familiar with Google Maps because you’ve used it to help you get from one place to another. Besides giving you directions, you can also use it to do other things, like mark your parking spot or share your location. Here’s how you can share your location as a link
1. Open Google Maps on your device. You can swipe up on an empty part of your home screen and use the search bar to locate the app in your app drawer. When you initially launch the app, you’ll be on a map.
2. In the upper left corner of the screen, tap the icon that resembles three horizontal lines and a menu will emerge from the left side of the screen.
3. On the menu that emerges, select “Location Sharing” partway down the menu.
4. On the next menu, you’ll see information about location sharing. Select “Get Started.”
5. On the menu, dictate the length of time that you want to share your location on.
6. After you select the length of time, select the contact that you want to share it to. Google should already be synced to your contacts so you should be able to send a quick text message. However, underneath those contacts are different modes of sharing that you can do. So, while you can select an email or social media app, you can also just select Link and get the link that way.
7. If you selected a specific app, then you’ll need to select the person within the app you need to send your location to.
Now, the person will have your location. They can also tap the location they receive and get directions to you. This makes Google Maps one of the best ways to share your location with friends and family. Hopefully, you can use it to aid you any time you’re lost or just need to communicate your location.