Sometimes, you may receive a text message on your iPhone that you would want to forward or share with someone else. In such a situation, you can easily use the inbuilt features of the Messages app on iOS to share a message. In this post, we will show you how to share a text message on the iPhone via the Messages app. It is very easy and you can share both text messages and iMessages with any of your contacts.
There are only a few ways to share a text message on the iPhone. It’s not rocket science and you should be able to figure it out with ease. However, if you’re new to iOS and do not know how to copy paste text or share messages using the share menu, then the following tips will help you out. Simply follow the steps below and you should be sharing messages in no time. Let’s get started.
Share a Text Message on the iPhone using Share button
The stock Messages app on the iPhone has a simple option that will let you share text messages with ease. To share a text message using the Share button, do the following;
1. Launch the Messages app.
2. Look for the Message thread that has the messages you want to share or forward.
3. Tap and hold on a message to bring up a menu.
4. Click on the option that says ‘More’.
5. Select More and your message should be selected.
6. Below the page, you will see an icon that looks like a curved Arrow.
7. Select the arrow button and another page should open where you can add the contacts you would like to share the message with and the text are.
8. The message you’re sharing will appear in the text area. You can include several messages if you like.
9. In the ‘To’ field at the top of the page, you can type in the contact name or number.
10. The contact should appear in the list.
11. Select the contact.
12. Once you’ve added the contacts you want to share the message(s) with, you can go ahead and hit the send button.
13. The selected messages will be shared with all the recipients.
You can do the same with iMessages as well. Follow the same steps and then you will be able to share messages with others. Easy isn’t it? This is the simplest and the best method to share a text message on the iPhone. The above method is applicable on iPhone running iOS 7 or later. In previous versions of iOS, the method was slightly different.
If you’re using an iPhone that’s running iOS 6, we would recommend that you upgrade as you are missing out on a lot of new features. If you’re adamant about using an iPhone running iOS 6, then follow the steps below to share messages.
1. Open the Messages app.
2. Head to the conversation that has the messages you want to share.
3. On the top, you should see an Edit option. Select Edit.
4. You will now see the option to select messages in the thread. A circle should appear next to the messages. Tap on a message to select it. A check mark should denote that the message is selected.
5. Click on the Forward option.
6. Now add the contacts you want to share the message with.
7. Click on Send.
That’s it. You have now successfully shared a text message with another contact. Wasn’t too hard, was it? Hopefully, this has helped you share a text message on the iPhone.