The Peel Smart Remote is an app that uses infrared technology to control things that feature Infrared. It is a universal remote service and works with most electronic devices such as TVs, home theater systems, Blu-ray players, and so on. On devices that do not have Infrared hardware, the app will use Wi-Fi to connect and control devices that are also connected to the same Wi-Fi.
Peel Smart Remote can also show users the TV schedule based on their location. However, this will only work in some regions and with certain cable or direct-to-home providers. Users can check what time a show will be available on TV and what is running at any moment. The app can also be used to record any show on to their DVR and even set up reminders for upcoming TV shows.
Only some smartphones come with an Infrared feature, so for those who don’t have this hardware, make sure that you control devices that are connected to the same WiFi. For example, you can use the Peel Smart remote to control a Smart TV that’s connected to the same WiFi as your smartphone or tablet.
How to set up Peel Smart Remote
It is quite easy to set up the Peel Smart Remote and it won’t take a long time. The process that could take some time is where you connect all the devices to your smartphone. Here’s how to get started.
Note: We will look at how to set up peel smart remote on devices with and without infrared hardware. First, let’s take a look at how you can set up peel smart remote on a smartphone that doesn’t have Infrared.
2. Install the app and open it on your smartphone. When you first open the app, you will be asked to choose your location so that the app can find out what TV providers are available for you. You will now receive a list of TV providers to choose from. If there aren’t any supported providers in your area, then you will not see anything when you first launch the app.
3. The app will ask you look for any connected devices in the same WiFi network as your smartphone or tablet. If it finds devices, it will show you a list, and you choose the correct device. If your TV or Roku device isn’t on the same WiFi network, then you will have to connect them first.
4. You can also use the remote button in the app to look for devices. Once you find the device, tap on it to start the sync between the app and the device.
5. After the sync is complete, you will be able to use the remote buttons to control the TV or other device. You can set up rooms as well and add different devices in each room so that you don’t get confused. This can be done using the Settings option in the app.
That’s about it. You have now successfully connected the Peel Smart Remote to your TV over a WiFi network. Now, to set up Peel Smart Remote using the built-in Infrared on your phone, follow these steps.
1. Launch the Peel Smart Remote app on your phone.
2. You will be able to see all the devices in close range after you’ve selected your region.
3. You can tap on the device and start controlling it immediately. However, you will need to be able to have the device in the line of sight of the smartphone. Some smartphones have the IR sensor on the top area, so make sure that it is pointed towards the TV, AC, Set-top box, or other Infrared devices.
There you are. Wasn’t that easy? You can now easily control all your devices from your smartphone or tablet. We hope you have now learned how to set up Peel Smart Remote and use it.