Snapchat is one of the best ways to keep in contact with your friends and family nowadays. It doesn’t come with the permanence of a Facebook and Instagram because everything that you post is deleted after 24 hours.
You can enjoy the complete freedom of having a story that deletes itself after 24 hours, and you can also create stories that only certain people can view. While you can also post and send pictures, being able to send videos as long as you want is the main appeal of Snapchat. Here’s how you send videos on Snapchat.
Sending Videos on Snapchat
There are more than one type of video that you can send on Snapchat. You can send a video in Snapchat and a video that you’ve saved. You can also send videos from your Gallery on Snapchat.
Sending a Video on Snapchat that you Captured in Snapchat
1. Launch Snapchat. The icon is yellow with a small, white ghost in the middle of it.
2. When you first launch Snapchat, you’ll be on the camera screen. At the bottom center of the screen, you’ll see a white circle. Hold it down to begin capturing a video.
3. While you’re capturing the video, the circle will turn red. Let it go when you’re done, and the circle will disappear.
4. The video will play itself. You can change the settings for the video in the upper right side of the screen by tapping on the icons.
5. Now, you’re ready to send the video. Tap the blue circle in the bottom right corner of the screen. The menu with the list of people you can send it to will appear.
6. Select the person that you want to send the video to.
7. After you select the person to send it to, there’s a circle icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap it and the video will be sent.
Sending a Video from Saved Memories
On Snapchat, Memories are videos that you captured in the past on snapchat, but chose to save for later viewing. There’s a special place for these videos on the app and sending them is a little different than the process listed above.
1. Launch Snapchat.
2. When you first launch Snapchat, you’ll be on the camera screen. At the bottom center of the screen, you’ll see a white circle. Beneath that circle are two intersecting rectangles. Tap on that icon to go to your Memories.
3. Tap and hold on a video that you want to send in your memories.
5. On the menu, select who you want to send it to.
6. After you select the person to send it to, there’s a circle icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap it and the video will be sent.
Sending a Video on Snapchat from your Gallery
1. Launch your Gallery on your phone.
2. Navigate to the video that you want to send to someone on Snapchat.
3. Press and hold on the video. Or, if you tapped the video, select the “Share” icon labeled at the bottom of the screen. You’ll be navigated to the host of apps that you have on your device you can send videos on.
4. Select Snapchat from the list of apps that pop up.
5. On Snapchat, select the blue circle in the bottom right corner of the screen.
6. On the menu that appears, select the person who you want to send the video to.
Now, you know how to send three different types of videos on Snapchat.