If you ever wondered if you can go back on old messages that you have sent to another user on Snapchat, then it is something that you can definitely do so long as you follow of few steps depending on what you have available to you.
Snapchat is well known for sending pictures and videos timed to be deleted forever unless the user on the other end can catch a screenshot of whatever you sent. It is a different story when it comes to being able to see your old messages on Snapchat.
If you want to go ahead and access these old conversations on Snapchat, then read the following methods that you can try in order to be able to read these old messages again.
How to See First or Old Messages on Snapchat
As mentioned before, there are definitely ways in which you can dig up old messages and conversations that you sent to other people using Snapchat.
Depending on what extremes you want to take in order to be able to access these older messages, you will want to give different methods a shot and see what it takes in order to be able to see and go back all the way to these old messages.
The following methods will guide you through the steps you need to take to go back and see old conversations that you have had using Snapchat.
1. Use Snapchat Web on Your Desktop and Scroll Up
Snapchat is a social media and messaging platform that you can access both on the mobile app and on any desktop as well.
Because of this, you might wonder if it will be easier to access old messages on a bigger screen, such as a desktop, rather than on a small screen, such as a mobile device.
So if you want to be able to access the older messages on your Snapchat account quicker, then you will want to access Snapchat through the desktop app in order to have better access.
The following steps will guide you through using Snapchat on your desktop and being able to find these old messages.
Using the desktop computer that you wish to use, log into your Snapchat account that you wish to use to find the old messages.
Once you are logged into the account, find the conversation from which you will be looking for messages up from. You will notice that the conversation screen is much bigger than on a mobile device, which will help you see more messages.
Using the touchpad of your computer, quickly scroll up until you can find the first messages that were sent in the conversation.
If you do not wish to scroll all the way up using the touchpad, you can also use the Page Up button continuously until you have reached the top of the messages thread.
If you know what the first messages say, you can also use the Find function for the messages using the Ctrl F buttons on the desktop computer. To do this, then scroll all the way to where you believe the messages could be found.
After you have reached that spot, click the Ctrl and F buttons at the same time. A search bar will appear. Type in what you believe the first messages say, and they will appear once the search is completed.
2. Download Your Messages and Scroll Through There If There Are Too Many Messages
Another option that is available for you when you are trying to locate old messages on Snapchat is to go ahead and download the messages from that conversation and then proceed with scrolling through the conversation if there are still too many messages.
Because this will be downloaded as a text file, then there is nothing that will need to load, and it will be easy to find all the messages that you are looking for.
The following steps will guide you through downloading your Snapchat messages and finding the conversation sections you are looking for.
1. Using the desktop computer that you wish to use, log into your Snapchat account you wish to use to find the old messages.
2. Once you are logged into the account, find the conversation from which you will be looking for messages up from. You will notice that the conversation screen is much bigger than on a mobile device, which will help you see more messages.
3. Select the profile icon of the conversation you wish to download.
4. From there, you will want to click on Settings. And then click on Security, followed by data download. You will be prompted to enter an email address to which the downloaded conversation will be sent.
5. Go ahead and enter the email that you wish to use.
6. Once you have entered the email, you will receive the downloaded conversation to the email address you have provided.
7. Go ahead and download the conversation. Once the conversation is downloaded, you will be able to scroll through the text file until you find what you are looking for.
8. You can also go ahead and use the Find feature on the text file. To do this, open up the conversation and click on the Ctrl and F buttons. A search bar will appear, and you will be able to search for what you are looking for.
3. Place A Heavy Object On The Pg up Button
If you do not want to go ahead and download the conversations from Snapchat, there is another method that you can give a shot if you wish to go all the way back to the beginning of the conversation.
Something that might not seem as convenient or as obvious is using some kind of object to hold down on the space bar or on the arrow down or up button that will help you scroll the pages up or down without having to make any effort of your own.
If you believe this is something that you want to do, then go ahead and find a heavy object that you can place on your keyboard.
This can be a book or even your phone. The object just needs to be heavy enough that the buttons can be held down.
Go ahead and place the item and wait until the top of the page has been reached. Once you have gotten to the top of the page, then you can go ahead and find the old messages and read them.
4. Ask Them If They Remember Your First Message to Them
If you do not want to find the old messages in a conversation yourself, then you can always go ahead and ask the other person in the conversation if there is a chance that they remember the first message that you sent to them.
There is a 50/50 chance that they will be able to remember the first message that you sent them.
So if you believe that the other person in the conversation has a good memory and might be able to remember what the conversation messages were, then ask them if they remember these first messages.
5. Ask Them to Scroll Up
After asking the other person if they remember what the first messages they sent to you were and they cannot remember, they may still be able to help you in the sense that they can be the one who can scroll up to the beginning of the conversation and help find those first messages.
If you think you have a good relationship with the other person, then it might be worth it to try and ask them to scroll up and look for the first messages that were in the conversation.
Again, only try this with a friend or family member that you know would not mind being asked to scroll through a long conversation if that is the case with the conversation that you are both in.
6. Look Through Your Shared Media and Try To Remember Your First Messages, Based on That
Another method that you can use if you and this other person have shared media on Snapchat is to go ahead and look through this shared media in an attempt to use it to remember what the first messages between the both of you were.
Many times and shared media will bring up lots of topics of conversation, especially in early conversations where you are starting to learn more about the other person.
Because of this, it makes sense that some of the first conversation topics that you had with the person you are trying to find the first messages from would be based on the shared media that you have used and shown to each other.
If you wish to do this, then the way to find the shared messages and media is simple and will require a quick search and scroll through the shared media that is found in the conversation.
1. Open up the conversation that you wish to use to search up the shared media between you and the other user.
2. Once you are in the conversation that you wish to look for the shared media in, go to the top of the conversation tab and click on it.
3. After clicking on it, you will see that there will be options and settings for the conversation.
4. Click on the Shared Media option. Once you click on this option, you will be able to see all the shared pictures and videos that you have shared with the other user within that conversation.
5. Scroll to the top of the shared media folder until you find the beginning of the folder.
6. At the beginning of the folder, you will see that the first pieces of shared media that you shared with that user will be shown. Use this to figure out what the topic of conversation was behind the shared media and deduct what the old messages were.
7. If It’s A Romantic Partner, You Probably Said Hey
Many times when it comes to an old conversation that you had with a romantic partner, the first topic of conversation that comes with getting to know someone is simply starting off with introductions, and a simple “Hey” or “Hello” tends to be the first word that comes across a conversation between two people, especially at the beginning.
If this is the case and the person of the conversation that you want to find the old topics of conversation is or was a romantic partner, then you can safely assume that the first thing that was said in the conversation was an introduction to each other or some sort of ice breaker.
If you are unsure, you can always ask the other person if this is correct, and they also remember that the first topic of conversation between the both of you was a simple hi.
As you can see, there are multiple ways in which you can still have access to old messages and conversations that you once had on Snapchat.
Depending on what extremes you are willing to go through in order to be able to access these old messages, there are several methods that you can give a shot at in order to see these old messages again.
If you want to be able to access the older messages on your Snapchat account quicker, then you will want to access Snapchat through the desktop app.
You can also go ahead and download the messages from that conversation and then proceed with scrolling through the conversation if there are still too many messages.
Using some kind of object to hold down on the space bar or on the arrow down or up button will help you scroll the pages up or down if there are too many messages.
Another thing you can do is ask them to scroll up for you or see if they remember the old messages you had with them.
Shared media is also something that can serve as a clue as to what was sent in these old messages. All in all, there are so many methods you can give a shot to go back and access these old messages.