When you post a late BeReal, before you can see your friend’s posts or posts in the discovery section, you have to post your BeReal for the day. The message says, ‘Hidden content. Post a BeReal to discover the picture!’
Can You See BeReal Without Posting?
No, you cannot see a BeReal without posting. If you could scroll through the app without having to post your own BeReal, but be able to see the BeReal’s that others have posted, it takes away from the aspect of the app. BeReal wants you to feel comfortable posting in any situation.
There is no way to edit yourself, and if you post your BeReal on time, show yourself in your regular day-to-day activities. You could be working from home, drinking some coﬀee, walking your dog, on vacation, at the mall, out with friends, or anything else.
How to See BeReal Without Posting
The goal of BeReal is to not think about what you are posting. Just post yourself. So, you need to post a BeReal in order to see the BeReal’s that your friends have posted. If you are unsure how to post a BeReal, follow these steps.
1. When the BeReal notification goes oﬀ, click on it to open up BeReal.
2. Once BeReal is open, you will see BeReal’s that your friends have posted with “Hidden Content” written over them. Click on the BeReal to post your own.
If none of your friends have posted yet, you will see a prompt at the top of the screen when your Open up BeReal to post one. Click on this prompt.
3. Now, you will have 2 minutes to take your BeReal. You can flip the camera to whichever way you want, but BeReal will take a picture both ways. You can only see one way, however.
4. When BeReal takes the photo, you can see both sides of it prior to posting it. If you do not like your BeReal, click on the X so you can retake it. Once you are happy with your BeReal, click on Post.
5. Now, you can see your friend’s BeReal’s and any BeReal’s that have been shared publicly on the Discovery page.
Again, the only way you can see a BeReal is to post a BeReal of your own. If you really do not want to post a BeReal, but you want to see the other BeReal’s that have already been posted, you can use another account.
This is the only other way you can see a BeReal without posting one of your own. If you log into a friend’s account, or really anyone you know who has a BeReal account, and they have posted a BeReal, you can see their friend’s BeReal’s.
However, if there is a specific account you want to see, you must make sure that the account you are logging into is friends with the account you want to see or that they are a public account.
Otherwise, you will need to post on your BeReal account if you are friends with them to see their BeReal. This is the only way you can see a BeReal without posting one of your own.
BeReal creators have made it impossible to get around this because they want you to post your own content before you are able to see the content that others have posted on BeReal.
How to See BeReal Without Posting
There is no way to see a BeReal without being on an account that has already posted
one. So, if you do not have a BeReal account or do not want to post one for whatever reason, you will have to log into an account that has posted a BeReal.
If you already have an account, you will need to log out of your current account to log into a friend’s account or anyone else who has already posted a BeReal. To log out of BeReal, follow these steps.
1. First, open up BeReal on any device you use.
2. To log out, click on your Profile in the upper right corner.
3. Then, click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
4. Now, scroll down to press Log Out.
5. You will be brought to the login/sign-up page on BeReal. You will then need to log back in. Click on Log In.
6. Enter their account information and get access back to your BeReal account.
7. Now, you can see the BeReal’s of people that are friends with the account you have logged into.
If there were certain accounts you wanted to see, but the account you logged into is not friends with them, you will be unable to see their posts unless they have public settings enabled.
If they do, you can find their BeReal by looking for them on the Discovery page. This page is located by clicking on the Discovery button at the top of the home page on BeReal. This page will show you all of the public accounts and the BeReal’s they have shared.
This is the only way you can see a BeReal without posting one yourself. Even if you are using your account and have not posted one, you cannot see the public posts until you share a BeReal.
You will notice that every picture has a “Hidden Content” over it. This will only go away if you post a BeReal. There is no way around it.
If you do not want to post a BeReal because of where you are or how you look, you can always take a photo that does not feature yourself or your surroundings.
When you go to take your BeReal, place your finger in front of the camera, or just take a picture of the ground. Doing this will count as taking a BeReal. There are no requirements for what your picture has to feature.
You might get a message on your photo, but otherwise, you can still post anything you want. Then, you can see your friend’s BeReal posts.
Your picture is not showing your or anything you are near, so it is like you did not post a BeReal, but you still get to see what others have posted.